Well not out but in existence somewhere...
    11-30-08 11:17 PM
    I feel bad for people who got phones that don't work correctly. Not just bugs like everyone is having but actually broken phones.

You can't say Rim should not have put this phone out this early. We all wanted it. We just have to live with the bugs till they are fixed, and they will be. Rim stands behind its products. That's why we buy a Blackberry.

Gotta Roll With The Storm.
    12-01-08 12:28 AM
    good video nice find , there is a HUGE difference
    lol yeah i made it late after don posted the leak

saw that earlier...nice video...shoulda cleared all the cache on the phones before the tests though
    yeah i did at first, then after i hit the wrong button on one of them i wasn't gonna go back to clear the cache again midway through

edit: lol i'm a nguyen too

the beginning of that video was agony....how unresponsive the phone was....
    lol yeah i kno, it was 3:30am on the east coast here. i recorded it 3 times and the first 2 were terrible. by the third time i wasn't gonna go and do it again, plus the gf wanted her storm updated too so i couldn't keep postponing lol
    12-01-08 12:37 AM
    I'm gonna tell you the same thing I wrote on your youtube.

RIM didn't "rush" into anything! Verizon did! and it is a cell phone not a camcorder! geez you had a crap load of stuff on that phone. take it back dont go around complaining!!
    12-01-08 12:49 AM
    I'm gonna tell you the same thing I wrote on your youtube.

RIM didn't "rush" into anything! Verizon did! and it is a cell phone not a camcorder! geez you had a crap load of stuff on that phone. take it back dont go around complaining!!
    I agree, it's not a camcorder. BUT, it has a video feature which they boast in advertising for its dual format blah blah blah. So if his does not work, he has every right to post that he has issues with it without being ripped apart. it should be fixed.

Personally, I think you should call VZW and order a replacement. This may be a device specific problem as many do not experience the issue you are having.
    12-01-08 06:44 AM
    Thanks for the youtube video. i've been watching a lot.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-01-08 06:48 AM
    I believe RIM is mostly to blame here because they have the most to lose here and no way Verizon could push me to release a product this unfinished.
    12-01-08 07:20 AM
    Never really played with the camcorder until this video.

I recorded the OP's entire video on youtube with my storm without trouble... until I went to save. When I hit the escape key, it came up saying "Unexpected error while saving" and didn't save the file.

With a little playing around, it did this on any video of any length. A little more playing around and I got it to save by playing some of the video first. I suspect that pausing doesn't actually close the file (which makes sense). Aka for me it's User Error.

Now, while recording the OP's demo the timer did pause a couple times. But recording never stopped nor did the phone freeze.

To the OP:
    Buying any software driven product when first released makes you an Early Adopter. Being an Early Adopter means accepting that the product likely has bugs. When new versions of Windows are released, there are those who jump immediately to the new OS. And there are those who wait until the first service pack before upgrading. It's about tolerance levels.

Does the Storm need more work? Yes. So does the Samsung Instinct I had and the LG Dare I'm returning. I'm not experiencing most of the issues people are reporting and .75 did speed things up a bit for me. However I'm prepared to be an early adopter. You may not be. If you're not, I suspect that you would not have been satisfied with the iPod + Phone until 2.2. And the G1 till later. And the Omnia tilll...
    12-01-08 07:44 AM
    My phone just made it to 17 sec and is requiring a battery pull to get going this is with the leaked update. Oh well i still am keeping and like the phone. I have yet to have a smartphone that didnt freeze up and require battery pull or restart (holding home and sleep button on iphone) Guess i have nevere experienced RIM rock solidness cause i am new to them so you cant miss what you never had type of thing. I trust it will all be worked out soon though
    12-01-08 07:52 AM
    I believe RIM is mostly to blame here because they have the most to lose here and no way Verizon could push me to release a product this unfinished.
    I believe VZ and Vodaphone are prolly to blame. There are too many instances, too many things, that show evidence of their branding process interfering with the phone.

Removing VZ Nav and VVM should not affect the phone speed unless they are 1) running or 2) screwing with the phone somehow. Why is an image that can't be found on the phone (the Storm lightning background) appearing at random times? Why are the RIM help files built into the phone inaccurate unless someone went back after RIM gave them the phone and removed / changed options?

Unless someone somehow got ahold of an unbranded Storm OS and got it working on VZ, I don't see any way to know how bugged the phone is straight from RIM. There's too much evidence that shows VZ's altering of the OS.
    12-01-08 07:53 AM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD