This is a video that i made showing that the storm update did nothing for my phone. I love blackberry phones and wont use anything else, But i must admit that RIM made a poor choice bringing this phone out to the public before it was ready maybe hurting there credibility. Believe me i want to love this phone but have to be realistic. I know some crackberry fans out there are going to bash this video and that's OK, that's one of the great things about freedom of speech, I can take what i give. like i said before i love my blackberrys and this is of no means of trying to bad talk RIM this is just me being honest with everyone just like i would like everyone to be honest with me and that's what make crackberry.com great!!!

11-30-08 08:11 PM
    no one said its gonna fix everything...
    11-30-08 08:17 PM
    It looks like the camera is freezing the phone,also did u check camera settings for which format its recording in?because from your video it works fine until you record video. just curious.....
    11-30-08 08:23 PM
    not even the official release yet . . . that being said I just repeated your experiement . . . no issue here.
    11-30-08 08:23 PM
    .75 is just a bandaid. It's temporary. Be patient.
    11-30-08 08:24 PM
    yes wait for an official release. dont even consider this a true update, more like a mod until a real update comes.
    11-30-08 08:25 PM
    dunno whats wrong with the video thing on urs but i took a video while u were talking seeing as i never took one yet i got up to 3:15 and just stopped it, also it played back
    11-30-08 08:29 PM
    Come on not all are having this issue its been stated over, over and over again. He sates that this should of not been release by rim come one. I knew the storm and others as well that it was going to have buggs just like every new thing that comes out. How about the Pearl that thing had many buggs and till has not solve the memory issue but a lot of us lived with it. Just F**** return it and stop the winning cause it getting old.
    Last edited by sho95; 11-30-08 at 08:35 PM.
    11-30-08 08:31 PM
    not even the official release yet . . . that being said I just repeated your experiement . . . no issue here.
    Same here. I upgraded to .75 earlier tonight.

Just did the same thing the OP did in his/her video...worked fine. Played back fine.
    Last edited by Habious; 11-30-08 at 08:35 PM. Reason: Edited for reason
    11-30-08 08:34 PM
    no one said its gonna fix everything...
    Dude... some people will just never be happy.
    11-30-08 08:35 PM
    That sucks that update didnt fix things up for you. since the update I have yet done a battery pull and I KNOW (yes I've done test) that my phone is more responsive.

You might of gotten a bad phone. I recorded alittle over 3 min video and it never froze and replayed no problem
    11-30-08 08:44 PM
    mine had the same problem, did a battery pull and has worked fine everytime since.
    11-30-08 08:51 PM
    Just gave it a shot as well.. Everything worked fine for me .75.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-30-08 09:05 PM
    Just a thought, have you considered reformatting the SD card? I tried a couple of tests and that is what I can come up with. The video seems to freeze up and corrupt as it writes to the SD card. It is possible it is the storm it is also possible that it is the card. Try these things:

1) try to play one of the videos on your PC
    2) reformat the card
    3) return the storm as it does not seem to be a widespread issue so is probably specific to a handful of phones and will likely not be fixed in any update.
    11-30-08 09:58 PM
    ya seriously... you say that its a update and it MUST FIX THAT exact issue... Im on .65 and I dont have that issue..

most of what the patch updated seems to be accelerometer issues and menu issues....

Do you know anything about updates? on devices and how they work. (not saying this in a mean way im just wondering)

Edit: I just recorded a video to see if I could get it to freeze. I got to 8 minutes and 20 seconds and decided that it was proof enough for me...
    Last edited by noaim; 11-30-08 at 10:18 PM.
    11-30-08 10:08 PM
    troutseth may be on to something. It does seem like a SD card issue. Do you have a spare to try?
    11-30-08 10:14 PM
    Seriously? Did you really have to make a five and a half minute video to show us that you can't record videos? That OS update hasn't even been officially released so when you upgrade early that's what you get. People need to learn to be patient.

11-30-08 10:14 PM

old os verses new os

.65 versus .75

both with fresh battery pulls when i did the video

looks like u got a dud, return it and get a new one under ur warranty
    11-30-08 10:15 PM

old os verses new os

.65 versus .75

good video nice find , there is a HUGE difference
    11-30-08 10:25 PM
    saw that earlier...nice video...shoulda cleared all the cache on the phones before the tests though
    11-30-08 10:26 PM

old os verses new os

.65 versus .75

the beginning of that video was agony....how unresponsive the phone was....

after they were both up and going, I honestly didnt see much of a difference in speed or performance....

Hopefully a better fix comes shortly.
    11-30-08 10:33 PM
    Faulty memory card in my opinion.. or your recording to the device memory.. in which case ya you will use it all up and kill the phone...
    11-30-08 10:45 PM
    Ok I went in to do the camera test, 2 separate tests. First one my phone froze when a new email came on while I was recording (so obviously a bug there). Had tp do a battery pull to get the phone working again. Did another test, went 10 minutes recorded fine. Playback was fine as well. Seems like you have another issue with your phone.

11-30-08 10:54 PM
    I couldn't reproduce the freeze while receiving email.. did you have anything else running in the background? Can you repro it twice?
    11-30-08 11:04 PM
    and now .76 is out according to BGR
    11-30-08 11:15 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD