I expected this to be able to play music from rhapsody togo with the same quality as a 29.99 sansa. It doesn't. First, even before you turn the volume up, you can hear hissing/static sound. This remains in the background distorting the sound like a cheap walkman. It isn't my plugs because I have a cheap sansa mp3 here and they sound crystal clear. The plugs are ultimate ears hi5 pro...$189 plugs.

2nd, there is an equalizer. However, you cannot customize the equalizer settings. You must choose from presets. While there are many presets, it doesn't take the place of being able to adjust trble mid and bass settings.

I am very disappointed. I like the rest of the phone. However, thought this would be able to serve as a music player also. I even bought an extra 8GB card for it.

What do you all think, can the codecs be patched or is it the hardware? If they can fix this, will they??

***Solution for others with similiar problem until/if this is patched. Use a volume-attenuator adapter. This plugs into the connector of the earplugs and then plugs into the phone. It came with my plugs luckily.***
    Last edited by nativebeez; 11-22-08 at 11:17 AM. Reason: Possible Solution
    11-21-08 08:06 PM
    nativebeez, does this mean that you ended up being able to get the rhapsody subscription tracks working on your storm? I understand the complaints on sound quality, but as of now, my subscription tracks won't play at all, so I would love to hear how you got them to play in the first place. thanks!
    11-22-08 03:28 AM
    I'm wasted drunk and tried using this to my advantage to understand these posts...no dice.
    11-22-08 03:38 AM
    Maybe it's just your device but my quality is amazing. Are you using headphones of just the speaker?
    11-22-08 03:42 AM
    yah my music quality is amazing as well .... maby its the method you used to import them on the storm ?
    11-22-08 03:52 AM
    This is discouraging news! I planned on using this phone as a music player as well. How about loseless music? My music library is mostly FLAC files and MP3 at 256k or higher. Will the sound quality be compromised that much? I also use UE super.fi 3 studio's....concerned
    11-22-08 09:41 AM
    i put some MP3s on here and my Shure E4Cs sound fine on it...
    11-22-08 09:44 AM
    I'm wasted drunk and tried using this to my advantage to understand these posts...no dice.
    ROFL!!

<highfives SG>
    11-22-08 09:45 AM
    Is that Eddie Vedder, Snowgimp??
    11-22-08 09:47 AM
    Everyone that thinks it sounds ok. Do me a favor, play a track and then turn the volume down all the way. Hear the static like hissing sound that was not present before playing the track. As you turn the volume back up it does not go away but remains in the background.

I am using earphones. Ultimate Ears Super.fi 5pro (the best plugs I have ever owned...incredible) and work great with an mp3 player I have sitting right here. Same track format btw in both...rhapsody To Go mp3vb at 196kb i believe.

***Solution for others with similiar problem until/if this is patched. Use a volume-attenuator adapter. This plugs into the connector for your plugs and then plugs into the phone. It came with my plugs luckily.***

As for the question regarding rhapsody and how transfer songs. Make sure phone is on and then plug into computer via USB. My computer asked if I wanted windows to look for driver. I choose yes and it located one and then recognized device. Powered up rhapsody and it showed up in list on left with music guide, library, and channels. Hope this helps you!
    *Make sure you have upgraded your rhapsody account to rhapsody ToGo. It cost $3.00 more than the standard Rhapsody subscription.*
    11-22-08 10:30 AM
    NOT SO!!! I am using my motorola S9 stereo bluetooth and the sound is fantastic!
    11-22-08 01:45 PM
    Last night I discovered that being blind drunk actually improved my ability to sure-type. Unfortunately, it didn't carry over to this morning.....
    11-22-08 01:55 PM
    Is that Eddie Vedder, Snowgimp??

its the big lebowski!!!
    11-22-08 01:57 PM
    For those using Rhapsody, do the playlists auto sync after being changed and then plugging phone back in? I dont want to have to drag and drop everytime.
    11-23-08 07:59 PM

its the big lebowski!!!
    OMG!!! He don't know who "The Dude" is!
    11-23-08 08:23 PM
    Any other thoughts on music player quality on this phone?
    11-23-08 09:28 PM
    the quality on mine is great....i stream music from my storm to my alpine car head unit via bluetooth with no problems.
    11-23-08 09:34 PM
    The quality on mine is awesome as well, although i only play mp3's...everyone i've let listen to it thinks its so loud and clear, like listening to an angel...think jesus meets fergie
    11-23-08 09:51 PM
    Dude................
    11-23-08 10:00 PM
    The quality on mine is awesome as well, although i only play mp3's...everyone i've let listen to it thinks its so loud and clear, like listening to an angel...think jesus meets fergie
    lol nice step brothers reference
    just saw this movie and was hilarious

as for me i dont have a storm yet but a friend of mine does, music sounded fine on his
    11-23-08 10:06 PM
    I dont have the issues your talking about. Mine sounds great
    11-23-08 10:23 PM
    I play MP3s on my device and use my Sennheiser ear buds. The sound quality is AMAZING...
    11-23-08 10:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD