so i use my storm as my mp3 player for the house, car, work. sometimes i notice that my music from my music player just disappears. but when i plug it up usb i see that all the files are still there ( i access by going to my computer>media>music) anyone have a solution or explanation why this happens
    08-05-09 01:55 PM
    You havent said where you are storing the files.

Could be your memory card if that is what you are using. Corrupted files something along those lines.

Format the card. Try storing the files on another card, if it still happens.
    08-05-09 02:37 PM
    It's an indexing issue.

Blackberries have been notorious for this for some time. It does not read/index the files on the mem card properly. I had the same problem with my Pearl and now with my storm.

If you want to see them open Media and in the main screen hit the Blackberry button and choose Explore then go to Media Card then Music and you will see all your music there and can still play them.
    08-05-09 02:41 PM
    do the same as above, but delete the BBThumbs.Dat file, and it should fix it.
    08-05-09 03:01 PM
    From JRSCCivic98...

This has been discussed numerous times. It has to do with corrupt index files. Search the removable drive (memory card) for files called BBThumbs.dat. You will find one in each directory on the card. Delete them all and let the Storm reindex/scan the card entirely WITHOUT GOING INTO MEDIA PLAYER right after you unplug it from your computer.
    08-05-09 07:44 PM
    If you format your media card...do you think it will help... .
    08-05-09 07:49 PM
    What does deleting BBthumbs.dat do?

Thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-05-09 07:55 PM
    BBThumbs.dat, is the media database. Sometimes, when loading music,etc...not using the safely remove hardware feature found on your desktop can corrupt that database, and cause the problems stated. By Deleting it, you rebuild that database and you should be able to fix all problems
    08-05-09 08:20 PM
    Ok makes sense.
    So the bbthumbs.dat reaapears?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-05-09 08:43 PM
    yes, just close the media app, then restart it. It recreates that database...
    08-05-09 08:45 PM
    I was playing my music just fine, then all of a sudden it stopped playing and a message came up saying something about the media was not recognized. the titles of the songs are still showing on my bb storm, but its no where to be found when I try to "explore" from the main media screen, and when I check the media card from my computer, it is empty. I dint empty anything. and it freezes too when I attempt to listen to something. what could have happened?
    08-06-09 12:23 AM
    I was playing my music just fine, then all of a sudden it stopped playing and a message came up saying something about the media was not recognized. the titles of the songs are still showing on my bb storm, but its no where to be found when I try to "explore" from the main media screen, and when I check the media card from my computer, it is empty. I dint empty anything. and it freezes too when I attempt to listen to something. what could have happened?
    I would try a battery pull as well as removing and reinserting your media card. If it still shows nothing from the phone or from viewing it on the PC, you'll have to format the card (options>memory, hit menu, format, card). This will positively erase any data that is on the card. Before you do it, you might want to see if you can view the card's files on your PC by putting the card into a card reader. IF that works, you could then copy the cards contents to your PC, format the card (after putting it back in your phone), then copy the contents from your PC back to the reformatted card.
    08-06-09 08:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD