I haven't seen this discussed, and if it has been, apologies. (yes, I've done exhaustive searches....)

I use my Storm as my primary MP3 player. Worked great from purchase in November until about two weeks ago, when, on occasion, music playback becomes intermittent, choppy and, out of nowhere, the voice prompt "Say a Command" comes up.

I'm running .75 and have done the battery pull route. I even tried to upgrade to .85 but I had other issues there, so, with the help of the firm's tech people, did a clean wipe and reinstalled .75. Problem persists.

On the whole, about 50% of the time the music playback works fine. All of my music is on the Micro SD card. Again, up until 2 weeks ago, I never had a problem.

Anyone else having this problem? Or, for the experts, do you suppose that this might be a hardware problem which will lead to a trip to my local Verizon kiosk?
    01-23-09 12:18 PM
    On the off chance that this issue happens to someone else, we think we resolved it.

Nothing hardware related....it was the headphones. I use the Altec Lansing ear bud phone answer headphones and because the male connector is too small, you use an adaptor to fit the Storm. I think the adaptor went bad.

I figured this out by playing music without the headphones and there didn't appear to be issues by rotating or moving the phone around. Plugging back in the headphones, problem reappeared.

Thus, I have a new adaptor wire. If the problem reappears, I'll update this.
    01-24-09 10:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD