Hey guys, need some help with this one, tried searching and nothing turned up. Coming from a bold 9000 with OS 4.6, now running storm 9500 with 5.0.... Whenever I am playing music and I receive a notification (email,bbm'facebook etc) the music stops and the appropriate alert is played, then the music resumes.... I remember with my bold the alert would still play in the 'background' of the music.... Is there any way to resolve this.....?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-25-10 05:49 PM
    nope you cant change it. its a CDMA BB thing vs GSM BB thing i think
    04-25-10 05:54 PM
    I change my notifications into vibrate or I just turn off my notification ringtone to "none" or "off"...that should do the trick.
    04-25-10 05:56 PM
    It's because the storm isn't capable of playing more than one sound at once. Has nothing to do with GSM vs CDMA. Just the storm's limitations.

04-25-10 06:55 PM
    Is it just the storm that has this issue? I know the iphone does the same thing. It fades the song out then plays the notifications then fades the song back up. One of the guys I work with showed me how his did that.
    04-25-10 06:57 PM
    It's because the storm isn't capable of playing more than one sound at once. Has nothing to do with GSM vs CDMA. Just the storm's limitations.

no its not just a storm thing. it has to do with the qualcomm chip that is used in the device.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f133/ab...e-time-163438/
    04-25-10 07:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD