hey,

I tried looking through all of the music topics but there are a LOT so sorry if this has been asked before.

I am currently trying to transfer all my music to my storm via just plugging it in the computer and copy/pasting them into the music folder. I like to keep my music organized and simplistic, so all I have tagged on my mp3's are artist, genre, and sometimes the album title...but that's it. I use foobar2000 (9.6.3) to change tag information.

Now my problem is some of the mp3 files are not showing up in the right genre. The artist and albums are still correct but the media player is lumping some of my songs into genres with the name of how many are in the folder. For example, I transfered my "Rock" folder over and the only song that made it to the rock genre was Metallica. The rest are under a "(17)" genre folder. It's named 17 because that is how many artists there are in the "(17)" folder. So why is the storm putting these songs in this "number" genre and not in the correct genre folder?

I have checked foobar and all of the songs have the correct genre tab and there is no other tags except artist and sometimes the album title.

thanks,
    darkop
    03-01-09 12:25 PM
    Ok

I finally got through all the posts involving music. Was like 500 threads :P. I have tried various things now such as battery pulls and simulated battery pulls with quickpull. I have tried deleting the bbtumb file so it would rescan. I have pulled the SD card out and reinserted it while the device was on so it would rescan again. I even reformatted the SD card and copied the mp3s over again.

I have doudle and redouble checked the mp3 tags with foobar and WMP and both are telling me the correct tags.

So why is the storm music player putting my mp3's in messed up genre folders instead of where they are supposed to be?

thanks,
    darkop
    03-01-09 11:04 PM
    Well I guess I solved the problem. I'm having to redo my entire music collection though. Ripping my CDs, labeling them, adding album art...I'm about a quarter way there after 8 hours .

But it seems to be working. My storm is categorizing them correctly now.

I don't know if something was wrong with my computer or what. I checked the HDD my music was on and it wasn't fragmented at all (I keep my system clean and maintained).

But it seems to be working, so anyone else that runs into my problem...try starting over...I know it SUX.

thanks,
    darkop
    03-03-09 02:15 PM
    Thanks for this, when I first got mine I mass loaded all mp3s from my windows media. It kept everything in the same folders so perhaps transferring music files to windows media might have saved you all that time.
    03-03-09 03:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD