Well I have been waiting for the longest time for someone to post a similar issue but I haven't seem to find it. Whenever I play music on my phone and then begin to do other things on my phone, mainly respond to text or email, my phone's screen freezes. I am able to use the hard keys on the phone though so I am able to back out of wherever it froze. The only way to resolve the issue is to do a battery pull and it is frankly making me not use my phone for music purposes even though it is extremely convenient. I am personally thinking it has something to do with the keyboard but am not sure. This issue only happens with music and it includes the built in media player as well as programs like Pandora. When I play videos, my phone doesn't freeze, but also the videos don't play in the background.

Any ideas or others who have had similar issues?
    01-05-10 12:27 PM
    Are you running out of memory?
    01-05-10 01:09 PM
    are you also using hybrid? it could be other app conflicting the media center. thats really odd problem. i would start fresh by wiping the phone and installing the new os.
    01-05-10 01:24 PM
    I'm not sure how to tell if I am running out of memory or not but I doubt it. How low will the memory be before it begins to slow up your phone? And I would think it would affect other aspects in my phone before it would mess with the music.

And as for reloading the phone, this issue has been stable since at least the 5.0 o.s. started coming out. I am not a hybrid user and have done clean installs multiple times, for other reasons, and this issue has still managed to stay. And as for interfering with the media player, it only is affecting the music. And to boot, it is affecting Pandora which has nothing to do with my media player.

Also, to clarify, my phone doesn't freeze right away. How long it takes definitely varies each time. But it will usually take no more then 5-10 minutes max with only getting and sending about 6 text messages. I'll do a time test and let you all know in more detail if I remember.

Any ideas are more then welcome. If it sounds like I just need to take my phone in, let me know as well. It is just I am figuring the one time I do, my phone won't reciprocate the issue multiple times without taking up all of my day. Thanks.
    01-05-10 04:53 PM
    I use my media player all of the time and never run into the issue. If you don't want to reinstall your OS, your media database the phone compiles when new music is added could be corrupt. Try backing up the SD card, formatting it (you can do this on your computer or the phone), then reloading the media.
    It doesn't sound like a memory issue to me, because the 5.0.0.x's hold up very well under low memory.
    01-05-10 09:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD