CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Multiple Contact Lists

I've searched this topic and find nothing so I apologize if this has been answered.

To be honest I find it unbelievable that no one has asked about this.

I have my personal contacts on the default contact list on my storm but I want to add additional contact lists, work especially but do not see how that can be done. If not possible is anyone aware of a 3rd party app.

Thanks for the help.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    9,474 Global Posts
    PIN
    type mypin

Quote Originally Posted by glboater View Post
    I've searched this topic and find nothing so I apologize if this has been answered.

To be honest I find it unbelievable that no one has asked about this.

I have my personal contacts on the default contact list on my storm but I want to add additional contact lists, work especially but do not see how that can be done. If not possible is anyone aware of a 3rd party app.

Thanks for the help.

I have not seen a 3rd party application to do this or ever heard of doing this..
    Guys/Gals when I post things I am posting to the best of my knowledge if I am for certain incorrect please correct me more knowledge to me helps. Thanks!
    http://twitter.com/sn4p2k10
    CrackBerry User

I don't know how much help this will be, but it apparently is possible to have multiple contact lists -- I'm just not sure how to do it.

I sync my Storm with Outlook on my personal computer for everything, but I also have it connected to my company's BES for email. When I reactivated the Storm on BES after the most recent upgrade, it pushed a new contact list on my Storm. I now have a selection in Contacts that says "Select Contact List..." and I have two contact lists -- Desktop and Unknown.

Unfortunately, I'm not sure how to do it manually, but the answer must be out there.

On the other hand, could you make use of Categories to separate personal contacts from work ones? You could create categories like @Personal and @Work so they show up at the top of the categories list (due to the @ symbols) and that way when you select the Filter function in contacts, they would be easy to find (if, like me, you have lots of categories).

Rob
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default Vaporware -- Blackberry manual is incorrect

I've been on the phone with Verizon and Blackberry about this very topic...the ability to select from multiple contact lists just as you can do with calendars and with email lists. It just did not show up on the phone.

So page 113 of the manual is incorrect.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,393 Global Posts

It seems you only have one list per email address that can sync wirelessly (BES, BIS-Google).
    There is no way to setup multiple contact lists by yourself.
    There is no way to rename lists
    There is no way to move contacts between lists
    It's extremely difficult to remove old BIS-Google lists
    It's extremely difficult to restore contacts to the Default list if they belonged to a list in the past.

If your Blackberry contacts have a lot of details (adresses, etc.), do not sync to Google. It's messy