Multimedia (specifically audio) on the Storm?
11-30-08 08:22 PM
- As a current iPhone user looking to switch over to a BB (for numerous reasons), my biggest fear is that I'll switch to the Storm and really miss the standout features of the iPhone. I use my iPhone now as my main mp3 player now and that feature is very important to me.
I haven't been able to find much information on the interface which the Storm uses. How is it similar and different to other touch-screen phones, how does it compare to (in my opinion) the top interface on the market, in the iPhone. I wouldn't have a problem owning two devices (a phone and an mp3 player), but it sure would sweeten the deal if I wasn't disappointed by the multimedia aspects of the phone.
Is there anywhere that gives in depth coverage of the phone's mp3 interface and experience? I haven't been able to find it and Kevin barely mentions it in the review.10-27-08 03:18 PM
- I for one LOVE the fact that you can sync music to BB's from iTunes. But to be honest, I would use my phone too much if it was my main Mp3 player. I'm constantly texting, on the internet and doing other things on my current phone. Hence the reason I have an Ipod touch for my music. =)
Ipod Touch - $399
BB Storm - $650?? (retail)
Wallet - $45 dollars
Having your pants being filled with gadgets. Priceless.10-27-08 11:51 PM
- from what I understand and have read RIM is really trying to improve the media experience as a overall thing.......
And what I have seen as far as videos of the media player it doesn't look all that bad
If you go into it expecting iPhone music player your probably going to be dissapointed
However it looks pretty darn good....
The features like when listening to music and a call comes in the music pauses or what not so you can hear the call from what I understand and read....
The orginization of music looks good
but it wont be able to play your drm enforced music that kind of sucks
The main thing about using a phone as your mp3 player is the size at least in my book.. this thing supports up to 16gb so..... thats my iphone and I didnt fill it
just my thoughts hope this helps10-28-08 05:47 AM
- Bold user here. If anything like the bold I think you will enjoy the mp3 experience. I love the sound quality of the bold coupled with half decent headphones. I have sold my mp3 player now and just use my phone. Can still browse and txt while listening to music no problems.
Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com10-28-08 07:43 AM
- I would highly suggest downloading the simulator from the Blackberry website and then editing the "9530-sdcard.dmp" file to include some of your own mp3s to see how the media player works (see my post over at HoFo in the official blackberry storm 9530 pre-release thread 2, post #1795 - sorry can't post links yet). The biggest thing I'm geeked about is the search feature. When you go into music, the keyboard will pop up and you can start typing and it will dwindle down your music based on what you type - similar to how it works in iTunes. Plus the interface looks really nice - I'm excited for bigger album art as I'm still using a 5.5G iPod.
Hope that helps.10-28-08 09:31 AM
- From what I've seen in the vids for the media player and pics (When I find them in my huge collection of images I'll post them), the media player functions alot like the archos 5 but with a larger input for touching ie. space to press down on. It'll show you a list view of your music and allow you to scroll down the list to find what you want. The Storm also allows for playlist creation on the go (like archos 5) which for me is the one killer feature I need since I often find myself in a rush to get out the door and don't have time to wake my mac from sleep mode and launch a seperate media plyer just to make playlists (or put music on).
This is where the Storm can shine. If Rim will allow us to use the music folder in mass storage mode we can put songs on and take them off without a dedicated media player (thank you ipods and iphone lol). To this day that is one the only reasons I never got an ipod (throughout all of highschool and even now I still won't bother). So, I hope that Rim (and VeRiZoN *twitch (not gonna happen)* will unlock that part of the phone.
For videos it's the same thing, a list view to view alll your vids. Same with voice recordings.
The entire media interface is bundled together so you don't have to navigate though a bunch of menus to get to music vids and voice recordings (and I think pics). As far as sorting and searching goes I'm sure those features will be made available soon enough.
How did I do this in such detail? Quite frankly it's simple. I want the Storm badly xd! I've looked at every leak, vid, and pic that's come out on the web since rumors started coming out. Hope this helps you with your question ^^.10-28-08 06:53 PM
- I took some screen shots using the simulator. Its very similar to the current music player but using larger touch buttons. Has the same stuff as the other BlackBerry's like playlist creation....
If you click "All Songs" it shows you all of your songs.
Showing what it looks like with the keyboard up.10-28-08 08:24 PM
- A couple more screenshots....keep in mind this is using the simulator which is definatly not the final build so the look may change as well.
Showing all of your artists
If you select an album it looks like this
When a song is playing....
After playing for a couple seconds it switches to look like this and tapping the screen will bring the controls back.10-28-08 08:25 PM
- BlackBerry OS Phone Forums
- More BlackBerry Phones
- BlackBerry Storm
Multimedia (specifically audio) on the Storm?
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD