Everyone I talk to has a hard time hearing me on my early December release Storm. I called tech support once and they wanted me to wipe my phone clean. Anyone have any easy way to get this replaced?
    03-05-09 08:26 AM
    Look on the bottom of your phone, you will see a little hole, it's just to the right of the green button. This is the mic, make sure you are not blocking it when on calls. It works best with the phone on your right ear, BUT it should work on either ear, just make sure you are not blocking it.
    03-05-09 09:26 AM
    I'm having the same problem as well as phone reboots I think its stupid they want us to wipe the phone and call back for a replacement

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-05-09 09:28 AM
    The random reboots is a know issue too and is usually related to have the older software (.75) OR to having a misbehaving 3rd party app.

Have you tried using the leaked software? Particularly versions .103 & .109.
    03-05-09 09:57 AM
    I am very aware of the Mic due to so many complaints. I am on .109 now in hopes of a fix, but it did not work. I think its just a bad phone. I'm going to call in and say I wiped it clean.
    03-05-09 04:39 PM
    I have to add to this thread - EVERYONE I spoke to once I switched to the Storm said I sounded MUFFLED. It's so annoying that I dont want to talk on the phone anymore bc I'm sick of everyone saying WHAT ? I cant hear you : / I usually text instead now. Nice going Verizon.
    03-05-09 04:48 PM
    hmmm
    mines doesnt do dat
    03-05-09 04:53 PM
    I just got a replacement just today for this problem. People could barly hear me on the other end... verizon sent me out phone that got to me today and the stupid thing wouldn't even turn on!!! called them back up, sending me another phone!

theres been a lot of issues with people not hearing you on the other end, just do a search on here and there everywhere!
    03-05-09 05:47 PM
    I get the exact opposite response from people. They all say I come across very clear, and easy to understand. Except for the few times when I put a finger under the phone to help support it, and end up covering the mic hole.
    03-05-09 06:16 PM
    My first storm had this problem. I sound muffled, far away, or under water. Went back to the Verizon store and had it replaced. Second storm works great.
    I think its just a faulty mic. Bad batch of production Storms. Definitely a hardwate

Tried different OS's and nothing made it better

03-05-09 06:51 PM
    Yeah I'm using the original don't know how to upgrade using a Mac so I called Verizon and told them the problems I was having they wanted me to wipe my phone

03-06-09 01:20 AM
    Storms just have low quality mics, poor placement on the handset, and the noise cancellation that over compensates. I've gone thru quite a few storms, but they all pretty much sounded the same, upgrading the firmware may help, but does not completely change how you sound.

Unfortunately I've just sucked it up and talk louder and make sure I'm talking in to the mic.
    03-06-09 03:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD