I had Viigo and Slacker Radio on my storm for about 2 weeks. Enjoyed both apps, but literally had to perform a battery pull once or twice a day.

Decided to remove both apps and it's been almost 3 weeks since I've removed them now. In 3 weeks time, I only had to do one battery pull when I locked up typing a BB messenger message.

Not sure if anyone experienced this issue, but I've been much happier since removing those two free beta apps.

I think from now on, I will stay away from free beta apps. It always seems that apps you pay for such as Quick Launch and Storm Lock are much better programmed than the free apps.

Similar to the iphone, where most of free apps are ad flooded and run terribly on the phone, when you pay the .99 cents for the ad free version, it's just so much better than the free one.

Anyhow, just thought I'd share how much better my storm has performed since removing those two apps.

Thanks!
    02-21-09 07:38 AM
    I run slacker with zero issues seems to run great to me. Did you try reinstalling slacker without viigo or viigo without slacker perhaps it is just one of the two? I am running .106 with zero issue. so you are saying that all free apps are crap? What about google maps? Or gmail? They are free seem great to me?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-21-09 08:06 AM
    I see you said free beta programs now but that is what they are programs that still have glitches they release early and afford us the opportunity to try their app free as well as telling them the glitches so they can release a final fixed product.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-21-09 08:10 AM
    I had many problems with Slacker. Once it was removed, the problems went away.
    02-21-09 08:34 AM
    Not a problem with either - I'm still running .75. I have had to do a battery pull once in the past 3 weeks. I guess i've been lucking - this is my 2nd Storm, btw.
    02-21-09 08:37 AM
    had many problems and had a sluggy .103 then i erased viigo and i went from 20 memory free after pull to 35 memory after pull
    02-21-09 08:39 AM
    I love my slacker too, however I keep having issues with it....sometimes a white screen when I load the program, sometimes it'll stop playing music in the middle....when a phone call comes it stops the song but when the phone hangs up it doesnt come back on and crashes....ill be uninstalling real soon...
    02-21-09 08:46 AM
    I have zero issues with either program. Whats hogging up my memory are all the fun and free programs floating around. BRB gotta go knock this guy out with stormFU.
    02-21-09 09:44 AM
    I haven't installed slacker yet since I have flycast, but Viigo hasn't caused me any sort of problems.
    02-21-09 11:58 AM
    For a while, I was being influenced by people who kept their devices app-free. Then I remembered that I bought the phone for all the crap it can do, and all the apps it promises to offer! There has to be something useless you can delete to free up memory.

I, for one, am unwilling to give up Slacker!!!!
    02-21-09 12:39 PM
    i tried slacker for 5min, not necessary for me. i can just youtube stuff
    02-21-09 03:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD