Searched several threads, no direct hit on my question (maybe I'm just an *****).

I have plenty of contact photos on my desktop (running Outlook 2003 on an Exchange Server, BES version ?, Win2KSP4). About 50 out of 570 contacts have photos.

None of these contact photos is syncing (OTA) to the contacts on the Storm. It doesn't appear that DM has any options for syncing with a direct connection - although it indicates that direct connect sync for contacts is currently disabled because wireless sync is active.

Maybe I have to manually copy the image files over - but from where to where? Or maybe I'm missing the huge checkbox that says "CLICK HERE TO SYNC YOUR CONTACT PHOTOS, *****"?

TIA
    12-18-08 10:46 AM
    Contact Photos don't sync; at least, mine don't. I'm on BES as well. Maybe somebody on BIS has a different experience. I copy the pictures I want from my computer to the pictures folder on my Media Card using Mass Storage Mode, then assign the picture to a contact.
    12-18-08 10:52 AM
    Doesn't work on BIS either, at least not with Google Sync. I have to do it manually by sending the photo to the phone as the user above mentioned.

Not sure if this is a bug or intentionally not included.
    12-18-08 10:54 AM
    Contact Photos don't sync; at least, mine don't. I'm on BES as well. Maybe somebody on BIS has a different experience. I copy the pictures I want from my computer to the pictures folder on my Media Card using Mass Storage Mode, then assign the picture to a contact.
    I'm on BIS and have to follow the same procedure. The outlook photos won't sync.
    12-18-08 10:54 AM
    I'm on bis and contact pigs sync fine for me. Using outlook 2003, dm and bt syncing. Didn't have to do anything special.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-18-08 11:01 AM
    Autocorrect pigs=pics

12-18-08 11:02 AM
    Fyi all my contact photos are 270x320 jugs loaded into outlook. Perhaps it is a bis vs bes thing?

12-18-08 11:09 AM
    Well, I guess I'm not an ***** after all (LOL, I initially typed i-d-i-o-t w/o dashes and it was censored)

So some folks can and some can't, eh...

My pics are 54x68. This is my first BB - I'm a WinMo convert. They sync'ed just fine OTA to my Moto Q. Kinda thought they'd do the same thing for BB, only 2k per JPG.
    12-18-08 11:17 AM
    I don't think BES will sync photo's. You can still sync it with DM though. Just go to your email settings and turn off wireless sync. Sync with DM then turn wireless sync back on. Not sure if it will move the pics over but I have done this to correct peoples contacts/emails when we have had sync problems.
    12-18-08 11:23 AM
    My Outlook (2007) contact photos synced with my device as well. This was done with the DM.

Each contact photo was originally saved into Outlook directly from my computer as opposed to being synced into Outlook from a previous devices.

Nothing extra needed to be done on my end. If the contact had a photo, it was present.
    12-18-08 11:37 AM
    My 8830 used to sync flawlessly then stopped syncing my contacts bc of the pix problem. Ever since I have not been able to sync contacts with any bb including the storm. The only way I can sync my contacts with outlook 2007 is if I turn off the contact pic sync. Bummer! No answer for this after almost 6 months on trying!
    12-18-08 11:57 AM
    I came from a Palm 700P and I am running Outlook 2007. No issues with my pics. Sync DM.
    12-18-08 12:18 PM
    Just go to your email settings and turn off wireless sync. Sync with DM then turn wireless sync back on.
    This was the ticket - minor PITA but it works!

OTA sync did grab contact photos with my ol' Q though
    12-22-08 06:42 AM
    I don't think BES will sync photo's. You can still sync it with DM though. Just go to your email settings and turn off wireless sync. Sync with DM then turn wireless sync back on. Not sure if it will move the pics over but I have done this to correct peoples contacts/emails when we have had sync problems.
    You meant to say turn off wireless sync in the Address Book, not in email settings, then sync the Address Book using DM. That worked perfectly for me to sync my pictures. Thanks for posting that tip. I've been on BES so long, I forget about the option to sync with DM for functions that BES doesn't support, like synching pictures.
    12-22-08 09:57 PM
    Worked for me too! Thanks.
    02-14-10 08:05 AM
    I don't use BES and sync only by DM with Outlook 2007. No pics.
    04-19-10 08:43 AM
    Do you have pictures assigned to a contact on the BlackBerry, or pictures assigned to a contact on your PC, or both? Are you synching bi-directionally?
    04-19-10 10:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD