For some reason certain songs that I put on my storm do not have the correct tagging.

For instance, a song "Come and Find Me" by artist Josh Ritter displays the whole song name as "come and fine me by josh ritter" instead of having the song name and artist separate.

The song on my computer is separated from the artist "Come and Find Me-Josh Ritter" and when I right click and go to properties under the summary tag, it has the title and artist in the correct place, yet on the BB it had it incorrect and the artist is usually displayed as "unknown".

Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?
    01-26-09 05:35 PM
    MP3 files have a few different versions for their tags. The differences in versions are mostly small, and you can actually save more than one version of tags to a single file. The problem is that programs looking for these tags can really only use one of these versions and then ignore the other.

It looks like Windows may be reading one version of the song's tags, but the BB is reading another (and those tags are messed up).

I would try going over your MP3 files with a tag editor, and make sure that they're all correct. I recommend mp3tag for that.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-26-09 07:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD