Has anybody else had trouble with the Music Player on the storm retaining old tag data for albums.

I recently copied some MP3s to the media card with the genre field in the tag set to "Classic Rock". Then I realized that I wanted the genre to be "Soundtrack". So I deleted the mp3 files off of the media card, and made sure the album was GONE! At least it didn't show up anywhere on the device. Then I changed the tag info for the mp3 files on my PC using Mp3Tag and re-copied them to media card using Media Manager.

What's weird is that the songs show the correct genre info when playing, but the album page still retains the old "Classic Rock" tag! VERY FRUSTRATING as I want this album and songlisting to show up in the "Soundtrack" category which they don't.

The only thing I can figure is that even though you delete all the songs off of the media card it does NOT delete the album record. I've tried deleting them from the Album page, but that did not work either!!!!

I like most things about the mp3 player but I really would like to be able to edit the tag info on the device itself. I would also like to be able to customize which tag data is displayed when playing a song...

Any mp3 experts out there?
    Don
    05-23-09 07:27 AM
    not an expert by any means but I did have a problem with renamed songs keeping their original labels. When looking at the file from the computer, pull up the properties, summary. If there is a different name in the title area, it should be deleted or replaced with the name you want it to be.
    05-23-09 08:23 AM
    Have you tried deleting the BBThumbs.dat file from your music folder yet? The media card has indexing issues, so sometimes even though you have added/subtracted/changed music on the memory card, it won't show correctly in the menus on the phone. The BBThumbs.dat file is what the device uses so it can "find" media quickly on your phone... it's the indexing file.

Go to this thread: Missing Ringtones, and follow the instructions in post #5. Just do the same thing in your music folder instead of your ringtone folder. See if that works.

It is suggested that you delete the BBThumbs.dat file every time before you start adding/changing media on the media card... good habit to get into.
    still83fifty likes this.
    05-23-09 08:24 AM
    Have you tried deleting the BBThumbs.dat file from your music folder yet? The media card has indexing issues, so sometimes even though you have added/subtracted/changed music on the memory card, it won't show correctly in the menus on the phone. The BBThumbs.dat file is what the device uses so it can "find" media quickly on your phone... it's the indexing file.
    Yo Da MAN!!!

That was it... I have a feeling this is going to solve alot of the issues I was having with tag editing... THANKS!!!

Don
    05-23-09 09:27 AM
    Yo Da MAN!!!

That was it... I have a feeling this is going to solve alot of the issues I was having with tag editing... THANKS!!!

Don
    I Da WOMAN!!! Ha ha ha ha ha! You're quite welcome. Glad it worked!
    05-23-09 09:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD