I think this is a bug in the software.

Everytime I do a fresh battery pull, after boot up when I run the music player the volume via headphones sound great! Too loud at times.

However, it seems that when the phone receives certain things (MMS, SMS, IM, etc.) and plays the sound according to what's received, when you go back to the MP3 player the sound quality decreases (audio pumping the OP mentioned). Battery pull fixes the issue.

So what I did was I set the phone to silent and use the LED as my notifier. I let it be like this for a few days (no batt pulls) and the sound of the mp3 player never degraded.

I think it's a software issue. I always test this after I load every leak. I just loaded .114 last night and I will test this tonight.

Oh, and I did find these through some testing:

when AIM IM sound plays: music player sound degraded
    when BBM sound plays: music player sound degraded
    when phone call comes in: music player sound NOT degraded
    when playing Word Mole with sound: music player sound NOT degraded

Hope my post is not confusing, lol.
    See now you are describing the problem. Some people don't understand when we say the quality isn't good...Its not that it isn't good just that it degrades. One way I really notice it...say a song starts with just musical instruments or something soft...Its nice and loud but as soon as the rest of the band starts and the singing it drops in major volume....Very annoying. I got to the point where I will do a quick pull right before I am going to do any music listening. Good info on which notifications are causing the problem. I wondered if it was just my storm before finding this thread. I just upgraded to 122 so I will test out more today. I bet the problem is still there!
    04-17-09 01:33 PM
51 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD