Hi all, Happy Thanksgiving. I could use a little help with the mp3 files on my Storm 1 running OS 148. Last night I added and removed some songs from my card - same process as normal; plug into PC, copy/paste files in the drive window that opened automatically, close window, unplug Berry. No settings changed on the Berry - mass storage mode enabled, etc. Anyway, when I opened up the player, expecting to see the 163 songs from the folder, there were only 40-something songs (yes, I counted to be sure I wasn't nuts.) Hooked back up to PC thinking I messed up the pasting of files, removed all the music files then put them back on the Berry. Disconnected, back to the player, now only 30-something songs. But when I click Menu-Explore to see all the files, all 163 are listed. What am I doing wrong and how do I get the player to recognize all my songs again? Never had this issue before. And I've done several battery pulls in between every step listed, which didn't help.

Greatly appreciate any help you can provide in between bites of turkey. Thanks!
    11-26-09 11:30 AM
    Did you pull the battery?
    11-26-09 12:38 PM
    Did you pull the battery?
    Sorry I missed the part were you pulled the battery.
    11-26-09 12:41 PM
    Yes. Pull the battery. After the reboot they will be there. I wondered the same thing first time I loaded music to my storm

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-26-09 01:58 PM
    I have pulled the battery several times during and after the process. Still not all there.

11-26-09 02:32 PM
    on your PC, delete all bbthumbs.dat files in your blackberry.
    11-26-09 02:35 PM
    Thank you. I'm actually not aware of what those files are. Could you explain what they do and what deleting them will do? Thanks!

11-26-09 09:46 PM
    Every OS above .148 fixes this problem. If you can't or don't want to change OS's then you have to do a workaround. The easiest thing and most eeffective I found was to go to options-memory and the uninstall and reinstall memory card from there. This corrects the problem 99% of the time. Deleting bbthumbs works too but only when you're connected to the computer. Once you reboot your phone away feom the computer the bbthumbs file will corrupt again. Easier to just do the uninstall and reinstall from your memory menu. That will force a fresh scan of your card without having to connect to the computer or manually remove your card.

11-26-09 10:52 PM
    "on your PC, delete all bbthumbs.dat files in your blackberry."

"Thank you. I'm actually not aware of what those files are. Could you explain what they do and what deleting them will do? Thanks!"

On your Blackberry, in the folder containing the media files (pictures, videos, music) there is a file called "bbthumbs.dat". This file is an index file that your Blackberry creates when you put media files in the folder. When you add or delete media from the folder you have to update the bbthumbs.dat file. The easiest way to do this is to delete the bbthumbs.dat file when you add or delete your media files, from your computer. Then, after you disconnect from the computer, when you open "media" on your Blackberry, it automatically scans your media files and creates a new bbthumbs.dat file. Then all your current media files will show up on your Blackberry.
    11-27-09 09:17 AM
    "on your PC, delete all bbthumbs.dat files in your blackberry."

"Thank you. I'm actually not aware of what those files are. Could you explain what they do and what deleting them will do? Thanks!"

On your Blackberry, in the folder containing the media files (pictures, videos, music) there is a file called "bbthumbs.dat". This file is an index file that your Blackberry creates when you put media files in the folder. When you add or delete media from the folder you have to update the bbthumbs.dat file. The easiest way to do this is to delete the bbthumbs.dat file when you add or delete your media files, from your computer. Then, after you disconnect from the computer, when you open "media" on your Blackberry, it automatically scans your media files and creates a new bbthumbs.dat file. Then all your current media files will show up on your Blackberry.
    Thanks very much! I really appreciate the explanation.
    11-27-09 12:01 PM
    .148? you will also get muted songs when using .mp3 most likely....usually when you multi task....upgrade already.

11-27-09 12:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD