Can somebody that has a OS higher than 4.7.0.75 tell me if there Desktop Manager is still 4.7.0.32? Wondering why my DM won't upgrade with the OS.

Thanks!

Tim
    02-22-09 02:06 AM
    .75 is the latest version that is the official release. Thats why you are not finding the other OS that are leaked like the .99 or the .103 To learn how to update your storm to a leaked OS do a search. There are many posts that walked you step by step on how to wipe ur OS and installed the new OS with DM.

Hope this answers your ?
    02-22-09 10:14 AM
    It is the latest, but if you are trying to update to a non-official OS you have to disconnect from the internet when you start the process because DM searches (its database I presume?) using the internet and will determine no update is needed if you're at .75.
    02-22-09 10:17 AM
    Can somebody that has a OS higher than 4.7.0.75 tell me if there Desktop Manager is still 4.7.0.32? Wondering why my DM won't upgrade with the OS.

Thanks!

Tim
    Yes I think that 4.7.032 is the latest version of Desktop Manager. The software version of Desktop Manager is unrelated to the Device software you have installed, you could install new device software with DM v4.3 if you wanted to. I only recently upgraded to 4.7 myself.
    02-22-09 10:28 AM
    I have never disconnected from the internet when installing new OS. When I did my first upgrade I had your same issue and found I forgot to delete the Vender.xml file. It's located in c:/programs files/common files/Research in Motion/AppLoader just delete the vender.xml file and DM will see the new OS. Good luck.
    02-22-09 10:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD