Left my storm in the back of an NYC cab. It fell out of my coat pocket as I was getting out. I've tried calling/texting/emailing it and nobody has responded. But, nobody has tried to use it either. Any way to track its GPS?
    Going to to try to have to fight with the insurance Co. about this...Didn't have any but thought I had 30 days to activate it. Boo!!!
    02-01-09 08:42 AM
    Its been stolen sadly

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-01-09 08:43 AM
    If it's gone ruin the theives day and have verizon disable it OTA. Don't you wish there were more good people in the world!? It would just be too hard for someone to give it back
    02-01-09 08:52 AM
    Going to to try to have to fight with the insurance Co. about this...Didn't have any but thought I had 30 days to activate it. Boo!!!
    Sorry to hear about your loss, but.... You didn't want to pay extra for insurance in the beginning, you lost your device, and now... you want the insurance company to say "gee, we really feel sorry for you so of course we'll let you put insurance on a lost device even though you are past the allowed time." Good luck with that one.
    02-01-09 08:57 AM
    Sorry to hear that. It's been stolen I agree. Even among forum members here, I'm not sure I could trust them to do the right thing and return the device
    02-01-09 09:05 AM
    Next phone you get, write down or memorize your IMEI number (it identifies your specific phone, nothing to do with the make or model) then when you are sure it will not be returned, call your carrier and have them deactivate the phone with that IMEI number.

You can view this number by looking under the battery, or while in your phone app., dial *#06# Write it down and save it.
    I think (not 100% positive) this number may also be on the side of the box, as well. If you have your original box check it. If you sent it in already with your rebate, hopefully you made a copy for your records. Sorry about your loss, maybe someone with a heart found it and will get it back to you. Good luck!
    02-01-09 09:54 AM
    Call 311 in nyc to reach government services. Tell them what happened and they will put you through to the Taxi and Limosine Commission. If you have a receipt from your taxi ride or know the taxi's number, they can get the cab into their offices and search for the phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-01-09 10:12 AM
    Sorry to hear about your loss, but.... You didn't want to pay extra for insurance in the beginning, you lost your device, and now... you want the insurance company to say "gee, we really feel sorry for you so of course we'll let you put insurance on a lost device even though you are past the allowed time." Good luck with that one.
    This is a prime example of what happens when you are asked that infamous question "Would you like to add insurance for an additional $$?" and you think you will never need it and you don't get it. Although in your particular case I don't think it will help you but hopefully some others will learn from this. And yes it is tragic that you lost it, good luck in your recovery efforts.
    02-01-09 10:20 AM
    If you had installed BLIP on your storm it could have been possible to track it from a friends phone. That is the main reason I installed it on mine.
    02-01-09 10:34 AM
    Sorry to hear about your phone. At this point you should call in and report your device MEID as stolen. You will not be able to have your device traced via GPS.

With insurance you can add it within 15 days of the original purchase, but you also have make at least one billable call on the device for the insurance to kick in. This helps to the lessen the chance of insurance fraud by people who break their phone w/in the time frame of adding insurance and then attempt to commit fraud by adding the insurance and then submitting a claim.

I hope that you will be able to replace the device with little expense.
    02-01-09 10:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD