10-22-08 07:39 PM
    great...now im even more excited!!! Just need that darn release date.
    10-22-08 07:46 PM
    guesses for release date and price. Two threads that show up everyday lol.

c'mon storm II so peeps on rogers can buy one.
    -Rik
    10-22-08 07:48 PM
    great...now im even more excited!!! Just need that darn release date.
    LOL. What are you doing here? I thought you lived on Phonescoop?
    10-22-08 07:48 PM
    WOW, this quote says alot about the Storm's browser.

"Browsing the web was pretty enjoyable… even without the typical “trackball” that RIM is known for. Instead, there is a touchscreen option that toggles between a hand and a mouse pointer. Use the “hand” and you’ll be navigating as you would any touchscreen phone. But use the mouse and drag it into position, clicking the screen in on a link you desire and voila! Definitely a cool feature that will enhance web browsing… we’d like to see this on more phone’s as it worked like a charm."
    10-22-08 07:51 PM
    Whoa I am amped; did u see the pics of course u did. Sreen size is the same as the G1 and looks wider. Yeah I am wantin this phone seriously.......
    Thanks for the post............
    AKA
    S1
    10-22-08 07:54 PM
    G1 looks real crappy compared to Storm and Iphone. LOL.
    10-22-08 07:56 PM
    G1 looks real crappy compared to Storm and Iphone. LOL.
    Agreed! I never liked the looks of the G1 anyway... The buttons at the bottom just look out of place.
    10-22-08 08:01 PM
    I need to leave this forum site already! I wish I never even heard about this device until 1 day before release.... the wait is killing me
    10-22-08 08:26 PM
    Yeah that G1 looks horrible. The iphone and storm look nice and sleek while the G1 looks like it's years older.
    10-22-08 08:36 PM
    This is very interesting...

Below is a pick of the first release pics. Notice the 10042 number. Possibly "Release 1"

Now check out the pic from Mobile Roar.

20049... possibly "Release 2" version?

Who knows, but I doubt RIM made over 20k units just to test. Just a thought.

More interesting is this quote from the article... The HARDWARE that we tested the Storm on was production level but the SOFTWARE was beta

So, I guess 2xxxx units in pics and videos can probably be constituted as production versions. This is good info.
    Last edited by JRSCCivic98; 10-22-08 at 09:02 PM.
    10-22-08 08:51 PM

Below is a pick of the first release pics. Notice the 10042 number. Possibly "Release 1"

I must say some of the sexiest things I've ever seen. Popping a chub as we speak. KIDDING!
    10-22-08 08:59 PM
    @matrix

yeah, I have been looking at these forums more and more. The verizon phonescoop is pretty lame these days. Plus, I addicted to BB for the near future!

This phone looks real sharp and I glad to hear that people are enjoying the surepress technology
    10-22-08 09:02 PM
    I have a sneaking suspiscion that that alarm clock is gonna to be a little too bright to use as a bedside alarm clock. Just a hunch
    10-22-08 09:03 PM
    I have a sneaking suspiscion that that alarm clock is gonna to be a little too bright to use as a bedside alarm clock. Just a hunch
    The other thing is, there is a light sensor on the phone so with bright lights on, the screen will go full bright, whereas in pitch black, it might dim a little. But I agree with you, it might be a little too bright. Even on low my BB is bright in a pitch black room.

Anyone notice the 11-18-08 in stock data for Best Buy? They are usually 2-3 weeks late after a corporate store release. That means 11-4-08, maybe even next week... ohhhh
    10-22-08 09:08 PM
    Okay.. I'm a bit nervous about this...

The only downside of the SurePress touchscreen is that it seems as though the speed of typing/texting may have a ceiling. In portrait mode everything is fine.. you’ll mainly only be texting with 1 hand in this case. But in Landscape mode, using two thumbs… you can’t type TOO quickly because the entire screen is a button.
    Also when will reviewers test with 2 THUMBS in PORTRAIT mode! I type just as fast or faster in portrait than landscape mode. Sigh..
    10-22-08 09:30 PM
    Also when will reviewers test with 2 THUMBS in PORTRAIT mode! I type just as fast or faster in portrait than landscape mode. Sigh..
    Yeah, since when did it become illegal to type on Suretype with two thumbs??
    10-22-08 10:00 PM

More interesting is this quote from the article... The HARDWARE that we tested the Storm on was production level but the SOFTWARE was beta

So, I guess 2xxxx units in pics and videos can probably be constituted as production versions. This is good info.
    Or could it be that the numbers are the zip codes of the tech website offices? Etching the digits on the device may serve as a means to track the units.

I think that one of the tech sites that did the initial review is based in NYC (10042). 20049 is in DC. Maybe Mobile Roar is based in DC.

Anyway...... So far so good with the impressions. Let's see what happens in the long run
    10-22-08 11:25 PM
    I'm not seeing that screen gap anymore. Nice!
    10-23-08 12:14 AM
    Or could it be that the numbers are the zip codes of the tech website offices? Etching the digits on the device may serve as a means to track the units.

I think that one of the tech sites that did the initial review is based in NYC (10042). 20049 is in DC. Maybe Mobile Roar is based in DC.

Anyway...... So far so good with the impressions. Let's see what happens in the long run
    Most likely not zip codes. 10042 is in the range of zip codes used by NYC, but a search for that particular zip code on USPS.com indicates that the specific number 10042 is not in use.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-23-08 02:03 AM
    Can this phone just be released already - :P
    10-23-08 06:50 AM

I think this picture should be captioned with...........

The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly
    10-23-08 09:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD