What is the advantage of changing the Network Technology setting from the default setting of Global to 1XEV and is 1XEV the preferred setting over the default setting of Global?
    12-28-08 09:08 PM
    saves battery, also when you lose CDMA reception for a second, and it goes into SOS mode, it wont give you "sim card was rejected" message.
    12-28-08 09:21 PM
    Global is not usable in North America, as that is already covered by EVDO on Verizon. You have to be outside of that area to actually be able to use the other radios. The thought is that if you force it to only use what is available, when you are in low reception areas, the other radios will not try and connect, because they won't be able to, thereby saving battery. Is that really true? Can't say, but it also can't hurt, just in case it is true. For what it is worth, that's the story...
    12-28-08 09:35 PM
    Thanks guys for your explanations but this leads me to ask the question, why isn't "1XEV" the default setting? I'm thinking that Global works regardless of where you are whereas 1XEV only works in the area covered by Verizon...is that correct?
    12-28-08 09:58 PM
    Yes but it's touted as a Global phone, hence, the Global setting.
    12-28-08 10:16 PM
    Yes but it's touted as a Global phone, hence, the Global setting.
    That makes sense to me.
    12-28-08 10:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD