Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Mobile Network Options

What is the advantage of changing the Network Technology setting from the default setting of Global to 1XEV and is 1XEV the preferred setting over the default setting of Global?
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    585 Global Posts

saves battery, also when you lose CDMA reception for a second, and it goes into SOS mode, it wont give you "sim card was rejected" message.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    277 Global Posts

Global is not usable in North America, as that is already covered by EVDO on Verizon. You have to be outside of that area to actually be able to use the other radios. The thought is that if you force it to only use what is available, when you are in low reception areas, the other radios will not try and connect, because they won't be able to, thereby saving battery. Is that really true? Can't say, but it also can't hurt, just in case it is true. For what it is worth, that's the story...
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

Thanks guys for your explanations but this leads me to ask the question, why isn't "1XEV" the default setting? I'm thinking that Global works regardless of where you are whereas 1XEV only works in the area covered by Verizon...is that correct?
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,673 Global Posts

Yes but it's touted as a Global phone, hence, the Global setting.
    Mike
    First Storm - Nov. 23, 2008
    9530 - .328 / 9550 - .713 / 9630 .591 / iPhone iOS4
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

Quote Originally Posted by Ultrafied View Post
    Yes but it's touted as a Global phone, hence, the Global setting.
    That makes sense to me.