When I exit any browser apps or opera mini or twitter the dots next to my 3G sign disappear for a short while then reappear

Its annoying as some apps need this to run all the time.

Any one else having this issue?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-07-09 06:27 AM
    Yes. I think its normal to be honest. Its to do with how good the connection is. i don't usually worry about it.
    06-07-09 06:35 AM
    thats how it shows whether its fully connected to 3g or not

I believe
    06-07-09 07:45 AM
    Yeah mine does the same, but only for like... 5 seconds at most.

How long is "a short while" for you?
    06-07-09 07:55 AM
    I've been having a similar issue, my 1XEV drops to 1xev and 1X occasionally throughout the day. I think its an issue with Verizon here though since my friend's curve has been doing the same thing.
    06-07-09 08:03 AM
    I noticed it also. Went to options then mobile network. When its set to global the dots don't stay colored but with 1xev selected they stay lit up

06-09-09 02:22 AM
    I read about that in another post but don't remember which one

06-09-09 02:23 AM
    Its so annoying. When I try to launch the mobile CB web or the bb browser I can get the start page up and then all the phone will do is request my first input choice. But that's it. It won't render the next page at all. So so annoying. I also can not update my OS via my storm. The error message is ' unable to check for upgrades'. I feel that they may be connected.

I'm gonna pop into my local voda store tomorrow and see what the score is and let you guys know.

Thanks for your help.

Ps. I'm having to write this through opera mini at the mobile CB site as I'm on 2G at the moment due to a fore mentioned problems

06-11-09 06:04 PM
    Guys I have figured this out for my voda storm. When you are in the browser click menu and then options. Change the browser identification from Vodafone or verizon to Internet explorer
    This has made my data dots appear permanently.

Hope it works for you guys

06-15-09 07:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD