I've only seen one other thread about this issue, and I was wondering if anyone has found a fix for this. Music disappears from their list. They are part of a playlist, they will be there, but may be highlighted in red. In the album list, an album that I have all the tracks to, will only show 1-3 tracks maybe. But if you explore the card, they are still there...

when i just upload the music folder again, that album will reappear, but usually then another will have missing tracks then....RealFreakinAnnoying

anyone?
    03-08-09 09:11 PM
    try putting all of your music on your memory card. thats how mine is and ive never had that problem
    03-08-09 09:31 PM
    yeah, that's what i'm talking about...I move it over to the card via windows in mass media mode, or via itunes. go through and check my albums make sure things came over....and stuff will be missing from albums that were already on the card
    03-09-09 07:22 AM
    yeah, that's what i'm talking about...I move it over to the card via windows in mass media mode, or via itunes. go through and check my albums make sure things came over....and stuff will be missing from albums that were already on the card
    I think this has something to do with the BBThumb.dat files in the folders. They are kinda like the info pacts for each folder. They apparently can get corrupted when moved. You can try deleting the bbthumb.dat files and reboot. They will regenerate.
    03-09-09 07:42 AM
    ok, i'll give that a try...lol. Thank you. If this doesn't work though, it will be the last straw for the storm. Don't mess with me music man!
    03-10-09 07:21 AM
    I have the same problem...I sync my music from iTunes with the Desktop Manager and after undocking it the music is not there. If I check later they all show up.

Interesting..........I dont use it for music anyway. Maybe a new app will come out that make me leave my iPod.

Last straw on the storm? don't be silly it will get better.
    03-10-09 09:17 AM
    naww,,,actually. i've already decided to return it. I'm still within the 30 days. I'm tired of these little things. I tried backing up the phone and it worked a few days ago, last night, it didn't. Every other DB it was trying to back up failed. I would clear them and it wouldn't be able to back up another. When browsing music, if i hit the back key, it will end the entire program and bring back to the home page. camera not working all the time, the internet kept freezin on me the other day, it's crashed on me, i couldn't get the mms fwd to work...and music was just it for me. that's just to name a few. the phone is just too inconsistent. I know it will get better. I'm not hatin on the phone, but it has to work. so i'll be back when another version or bug light OS is released...
    i do love the phone, and i had a good time with it
    Last edited by krissrock; 03-11-09 at 07:21 AM.
    03-11-09 07:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD