I have had to replace 4 storms for various problems... All common with the first gen phone but the latest has me steaming at Verizon i had the end hard key literally fall right off the phone weeks after receiving it, Verizon told me that it was my fault and that i would have to pay the insurance fee?!?!?! My father in law had the same issue with the Send hard key and they replaced it all smiles . Has this defect been an issue for anyone else or are we just a anomaly?
    07-30-09 12:18 PM
    I remember reading about that problem some time ago. I don't believe it's a wide spread problem, only an anomaly.

The keys on my Storm hasn't fallen off and I've had it since December.
    07-30-09 12:39 PM
    Key falling off not unheard of. Seems 2 me more like a defect than result of damage. Try calling VZW tech support @ 1 800 922 0204 (again?) cuz most r very helpful.
    07-30-09 04:02 PM
    The hard keys falling off is a common problem. RIM apparently redesigned the key from a 3 button key to 1 complete button. Ask VZ to replace the Storm with key issues with one of the newer designed ones.
    07-30-09 04:10 PM
    Key falling off not unheard of. Seems 2 me more like a defect than result of damage. Try calling VZW tech support @ 1 800 922 0204 (again?) cuz most r very helpful.
    Thanks i did and there is a new one on the way they also bumped my manufactures warranty for 1 yr so guess what prob if i keep getting messed up phones they will let me upgrade to the stom2 when it hits the wire...

Still upsets me that i have to make the same call 3 times to get what i need done... Asking for a supervisor out the gate helps too...
    07-30-09 04:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD