i recall i used to have a call log icon, i may have deleted it but i want it back now i was wondering how i could do that, i already tried the reset icon arrangement feature but that only rearranged the icons
    06-01-09 10:41 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/ju...friend-236583/

it was changed to be the phone app icon instead of call log app.
    06-01-09 11:01 PM
    Enhancement to add a Phone icon on the home screen and remove the Call Log icon in the Applications folder.

there ya have it...
    06-01-09 11:03 PM
    oh ok, i though i may have deleted it, thanks for clearing that up!
    06-01-09 11:41 PM
    no problem
    06-01-09 11:52 PM
    hmm I wish they wouldnt have deleted the call log icon why cant we have both
    06-01-09 11:53 PM
    I still don't understand why we need a phone button. What do you think Send gets you? All other BBs have a Call Log icon.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-02-09 12:05 AM
    I still don't understand why we need a phone button. What do you think Send gets you? All other BBs have a Call Log icon.
    Not after 4.7

wait, what?

Also, you can get to the call log from the Phone app, so it really makes more sense to provide the option to go to the app itself, not just the call log.
    06-02-09 12:22 AM

it may be true that after 4.7 they don't but you are 100 percent correct about the send button..

whats the point of having a phone icon when there is and always will be a dedicated call button lol
    06-02-09 12:40 AM
    Not after 4.7

wait, what?

Also, you can get to the call log from the Phone app, so it really makes more sense to provide the option to go to the app itself, not just the call log.

so a on screen button and a hard coded button to get you to the same place so you have to click a 2nd button afterwords to get to the log

makes more sense then just having a call log icon?
    06-02-09 12:41 AM
    the advantage of having the call log icon is that if you have a missed call you have imediate visual notification on the screen with the red asterix on the icon. yes you can set the icon to take you directly to your call log but it's not at all the same thing. bring back my call log icon!!!
    06-02-09 01:19 AM
    the advantage of having the call log icon is that if you have a missed call you have imediate visual notification on the screen with the red asterix on the icon. yes you can set the icon to take you directly to your call log but it's not at all the same thing. bring back my call log icon!!!
    Yeah. Loved the red asterisk.

Hear hear!
    06-02-09 01:23 AM

I agree completely +1
    06-02-09 02:36 AM
    Maybe my .148 install didn't work right but I have an icon titled "Call Log" that takes me to the call log. The icon is that of a phone but it doesn't look right. It's like it's very feint.
    06-02-09 12:06 PM
    @MetsFan_VI: Highlight phone icon > menu > uncheck hide.
    06-02-09 01:11 PM
    @MetsFan_VI: Highlight phone icon > menu > uncheck hide.
    The hide status is not checked. The icon is not grayed out like hidden icons. Rather, it's like the bit-depth on the icon is off.
    06-02-09 01:15 PM
    Oh.

10char
    06-02-09 01:18 PM
    The hide status is not checked. The icon is not grayed out like hidden icons. Rather, it's like the bit-depth on the icon is off.
    botched install?

what happens when you click on it?
    06-02-09 01:21 PM
    botched install?

what happens when you click on it?
    It opens the call log. So far, it's the only anomaly I've found with the upgrade.
    06-02-09 01:33 PM
    It opens the call log. So far, it's the only anomaly I've found with the upgrade.
    Man I wish I had that glitch.....I MISS MY CALL LOG BUTTON.

06-02-09 02:30 PM
    Did u check as i suggested in random questions thread:

Phone icon > menu > options > (on .75 @ least) general options > initial view > call log?
    06-02-09 02:37 PM
    I'm bumping up all these call log threads because I think it's ridiculous that the OPTION to have a "Call Log" button was removed with the update to .148!

I used my left convenience key for Call Log (and I used my phone button to go to dial pad, for my speed dials), so now I'm a bit upset. I know, now it's just one extra click, but why remove that functionality at all?
    06-02-09 02:59 PM
    Did u check as i suggested in random questions thread:

Phone icon > menu > options > (on .75 @ least) general options > initial view > call log?
    No...that is a different thing...making the phones initial view be in the call log view.
    What I'm talking about is the actual call log button be a stand alone icon that you could move around just like all the other icons. It wad great but I read in one^f patches posts that ot was written out of the builds or some techno speak like that.
    Any way, what I'm going to do is set ky call logging to be displayed in my messages folder. RIM os kind off illogical for taking the call log away like~hat. It was a great shortcut.

06-02-09 03:05 PM
    So phone icon > options > initial view > call log makes both phone icon & call/send open 2 call log? And no option exists 2 set right/left convenience keys 2 call log?
    06-02-09 03:13 PM
    correct...all parts are accurate.
    06-02-09 03:15 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD