i dunno, i don't think that if microsoft bought RIM that everything would go out the door entirely, its not like all Microsoft would just fire everyone from rim and all blackberrys would just run Windows Mobile OS.
    Agreed. Couldn't Microsoft buy RIM, but keep Blackberry and it's OS as it is?
    10-10-08 09:43 PM
    Agreed. Couldn't Microsoft buy RIM, but keep Blackberry and it's OS as it is?
    I doubt they would leave it alone. Also the y would rename it to something with MS in the name since that is what MS does. But, I think it would still be the core BB OS.
    10-10-08 09:51 PM
    I doubt they would leave it alone. Also the y would rename it to something with MS in the name since that is what MS does. But, I think it would still be the core BB OS.
    you are 100% correct, if Microsoft were to buy RIM, which i don't think would happen because i read in an article that RIM is at a $30 billion dollar worth but if it were to happen. I think we would see a merge of the 2 OS's, with the weaknesses of Blackberry's OS gone and the Positives of Windows Mobile's OS integrated into a new Windows Mobile. This is all hypothetical.

But the one thing that i think Microsoft would do to try and keep up with current standards is Integration with Windows, they would aim to have the blackberry work flawlessly with the Windows OS, and not to mention, they would do anything and everything possible to cripple its compatibility with Mac OSX.
    10-10-08 09:59 PM
    Im a new blckberry user! got it back in feb. but mostly just for the ezzz of the calendar! but since i got on the crackberry website i was like wow, i got a palm style phone 1st got it home and was like holy****, but as simple as i am i've found the blckberry very user friendly
    10-10-08 10:11 PM
    How bout if apple and rim merged...THEN would everyone stop b****ing?? unlikely...
    Woah there, to be honest that would be even worse. Because then you would have to use only iTunes to sync the blackberry and use only itunes to add movies and music...And be exclusive to only ATT(Just one carrier in general)

And even worse, this site would have to rename its self to "iCrack"

But anyways, Blackberry + RIM = BFF!
    10-10-08 10:19 PM
    How can anyone, in the same post, bash Microsoft and laud Apple? Apple's corporate philosophy would be 10x worse for RIM.
    10-10-08 10:38 PM
    Apple is awesome, if they were to absorb RIM, apple would do things correctly and make things better because APPLE bases everything off the consumer and whats easiest and nicest, they rape you with prices but you pay a premium for premium devices. but with the success of the iPhone i really don't see apple buying or having any interest in RIM
    10-10-08 10:47 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD