Decided to transfer over some music to my storm about an hour ago and when it started everything looked great but now it says it's full at 800 some-odd MBs of info transferred. I looked in the Options under the Memory section and saw "A media card is not presently inserted in the device." Took off the back and the MicroSD card is DEFINITELY there. I took it out and put it back in but that didn't change this situation at all.

Any way to make it recognize it?
    11-22-08 02:54 AM
    Do you have a card reader on your pc? If so I would try to do a format and make sure you have a clean card.
    11-22-08 02:58 AM
    not small enough for MicroSD
    11-22-08 03:01 AM
    Dude, you probably copied those files to the internal memory, that's about 880mb big. Try to reset your device, and see if the device recognize the card again.
    11-22-08 03:02 AM
    Dude, you probably copied those files to the internal memory, that's about 880mb big. Try to reset your device, and see if the device recognize the card again.
    How would I go about doing that? I know it got transferred to the internal memory, I'm trying to figure out why the MicroSD card wasn't recognized which caused it to be transferred there instead of onto the card.
    11-22-08 03:04 AM
    Okay try this

Hook your phone up to your computer. Double click my computer and then double click on BlackBerry 9530. Does your media card show up there?
    11-22-08 03:07 AM
    Do you have another card? It could just be a faulty card.
    11-22-08 03:07 AM
    yeah, when you connect to your computer, if you do not have a password, you should get a prompt on your phone, and accept that. Then you should see two new removable drives on your computer, see if you can format the sd card from there.
    11-22-08 03:08 AM
    Okay try this

Hook your phone up to your computer. Double click my computer and then double click on BlackBerry 9530. Does your media card show up there?
    Nope, nothin unfortunately
    11-22-08 03:09 AM
    Nope, nothin unfortunately
    Hmm it sounds like a faulty card or something is wrong with your internal card reader on your phoen. You could always bring the phone back to factory and see if that helps. It's worth a shot I suppose.
    11-22-08 03:13 AM
    Guess I'll mess with it in a few days when I'm 2 miles from a corporate store instead of about 30...it's not a big deal right now anyway. Just hoping it's the card

Or maybe I could see if the local Authorized Retail store has these cards that they may be able to swap out with me....
    Last edited by CSSVT; 11-22-08 at 03:26 AM.
    11-22-08 03:18 AM
    i have the same exact issue, the storm says no media card is inserted, when I plug the phone into my pc, 2 drives show up but the one drive that is supposed to represent the 8gb says 0 byts and I can't do anything like scan, repair, etc....,,,,waiting for my second storm to arrive today so i can play with the card and switch them around. Ill report back
    11-22-08 06:51 AM
    This may not help in your situation, but after I got my storm yesterday, I realized the 8 gig card was not functioning. I hit Options, then Memory and scrolled down. The card was there but not recognized. VZW apparently had not formatted the card. I reformated the card while it was in the phone and it worked.
    11-22-08 07:48 AM
    So this 8Gb card doesn't come with the adapter? Every Micro SD that I've purchased comes with at least 1 if not 2 adapters so it can be read in the standard card reader.
    11-22-08 08:00 AM
    CSSVT this was another problem I had with my phone too. Check This.

Fix your Storm
    11-22-08 08:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD