Hi Everyone:

I have added a lot of music to my Storm. I have to say that I like the audio quality - but that is neither here nor there.

From all of the MP3s that I added, I selected one as my "new" default ringtone. That seems to work just fine.

However, I have used a different song as a custom ringtone for one of my contacts. I went to the individual contact/edit/custom ring tones/browse and then selected the new MP3. For some reason, when this contact calls, it is the "new" default ringtone that will play and not the custom ringtone.

I have heard about the other issue with custom ringtones playing even when the Storm is set to vibrate only. Well, I tested this out, and when it is in vibrate only mode and this person calls, it will only vibrate.

Any suggestions as to why this is happening would be welcome. Thank you.
    12-11-08 08:31 AM
    I'm not sure what the problem could be. I have a custom ringtone for my wife and a default for everyone else. It seems to work just fine for me.

I did the same thing you did above. Did you make sure you put the ringtone under phone and not hit messages by accident?

I also use VibandRing and it works great. Just need to turn off Vibrate for phone calls.
    12-11-08 08:36 AM
    Yes - I just made sure and the custom ringtone is under the correct category.
    12-11-08 08:38 AM
    I have a dozen custum ringtones and they all work fine. I did it the same way you described.
    12-11-08 08:42 AM
    question: I gave all my contacts custom phone ringtones and then under my custum profile i have another tone set. i texted myself from my girlfriend's phone and i get the bbpro_sanguine tone instead of the ringtone i have for messages under my custom profile. How can i fix this? Do i have to give each contact that message ringtone i want?
    12-12-08 12:55 AM
    I'm having a similar problem. I had set a custom tone for my dh and changed it to a new one yesterday but it won't play the new one - it's playing the old one. but when I pull it up it's listing the song that I want to play - not the old one.

I don't know what to do. this is the first time I've had this problem.

And when I click TRY IT at the bottom of the screen, it works just fine. But it's using the old ringtone isntead of the new one when he calls/text.
    12-12-08 11:00 AM
    I also have about 10 custom ring tones and have not experienced the problem you are describing.

I did notice the vibrate issue you described. Last night I had my phone on "vibrate only" for the first time and my son called (he has a custom ring tone) and it rang. Sure hope this gets fixed soon, because I was in a very nice restaurant and I hate to hear cell phones (especially mine) in nice restaurant--it's pretty rude!!!!!!
    12-12-08 11:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD