So on my storm I have gmail and hotmail icons as well as messages icon. Emails come to my hotmail icon properly but all my gmail emails are going to the messages icon instead of the gmail icon. I think messages icon is pointless so I'd like to hide it atleast but I can't do that if I keep getting my gmail emails going there. Please help this is driving me crazy.
    03-30-09 12:36 PM
    So on my storm I have gmail and hotmail icons as well as messages icon. Emails come to my hotmail icon properly but all my gmail emails are going to the messages icon instead of the gmail icon. I think messages icon is pointless so I'd like to hide it atleast but I can't do that if I keep getting my gmail emails going there. Please help this is driving me crazy.
    If you have gmail set up as an email on your phone it will come to the messages folder. Do you use you gmail program to respond to your email, if you do then delete the gmail account off your phone.
    03-30-09 12:44 PM
    Yes I want to use my Gmail account. I don't want to use the messages icon at all.
    03-30-09 01:00 PM
    i have gmail and work email... (not using the gmail app) i have my messages icon hid and get emails in the appropriate inbox.

did you download a gmail application or did you just set up your gmail on the phone itself?
    03-30-09 01:03 PM
    Yes I want to use my Gmail account. I don't want to use the messages icon at all.
    If you don't use your phones "default" email to respond or receive I would delete all email accounts you have on your phone and just use the GMAIL app to do all your emailing. That should take care of your problem with messages.
    03-30-09 01:13 PM
    i have gmail and work email... (not using the gmail app) i have my messages icon hid and get emails in the appropriate inbox.

did you download a gmail application or did you just set up your gmail on the phone itself?
    I didn't download an a gmail app. Just set it up on my bb. The thing is I also have a hotmail email setup and all my hotmail emails are appropriately going to the hotmail icon and not the messages icon.
    03-30-09 01:23 PM
    i would try deleting the gmail from your bb and then adding it again as my gmail has always been delivered to both the messages inbox and my [email protected] inbox and i dont think there is a setting to change that even
    03-30-09 01:30 PM
    I didn't download an a gmail app. Just set it up on my bb. The thing is I also have a hotmail email setup and all my hotmail emails are appropriately going to the hotmail icon and not the messages icon.
    Oh I misunderstood you I thought you downloaded the gmail app. Ok so delete the gmail account and re set it up and see if that fixes your problem.

If it does then hide the message folder and you should be good to go
    03-30-09 01:32 PM
    The thing is I don't want to download the Gmail app. I want the blackberry version of push email.
    03-30-09 01:52 PM
    that is how i have it set up too..

just going into email setup and delete your gmail account and then readd it.. it should fix the problem
    03-30-09 02:30 PM
    that is how i have it set up too..

just going into email setup and delete your gmail account and then readd it.. it should fix the problem
    Agree with Doid delete and reinstall

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-30-09 02:46 PM
    I don't remember my blackberry username. The help thing only sent me my password. Would the un be **@carrier.blackberry.net or something else.

Completely unrelated but I have stopped receiving facebook notifications on my email. Anyone know why? I checked and I still have notifications turned on.
    03-30-09 03:09 PM
    I don't remember my blackberry username. The help thing only sent me my password. Would the un be **@carrier.blackberry.net or something else.

Completely unrelated but I have stopped receiving facebook notifications on my email. Anyone know why? I checked and I still have notifications turned on.
    this blackberry username issue is to log into BIS? If so, its just a username not @_______.com.

regarding facebook... do you have the facebook app on your phone? i get the notification emails on my PC and get a notification on my facebook app instead of it sending to my gmail email on my bb
    03-30-09 03:18 PM
    thanks, my bb login is working now

I downloaded the facebook app a few days ago but the problems been there since before that. I'm gonna get rid of it though cause I don't like that app AT ALL
    03-30-09 03:26 PM
    i dunno about the facebook issue, ive never had a problem with the notifications...

myspace on the other hand.. havent gotten a notification in months
    03-30-09 03:28 PM
    ok I deleted the gmail account, recreated it and resent hosting routes and hid the messages icon. I still don't get a notification for gmail. Any other thing I could do? One thing I noticed was when I deleted the gmail account, the icon didn't disappear. I wonder why...
    03-30-09 03:32 PM
    k, it's working now. I just had to login to my blackberry account and recreate it on my phone instead of the computer.
    03-30-09 03:53 PM
    yay, im glad it worked out
    03-30-09 03:59 PM
    thanks for your help doidaporti and everyone else
    03-30-09 04:21 PM
    Did you resend your service and register your host routing?
    03-30-09 05:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD