I'm on the leaked .323 and I've done multiple battery pulls. Til this very moment my messages aren't being kept after I have that option set. Can anyone help with this?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-12-09 01:50 PM
    How long are they being kept? I've never really paid attention but I'm set to keep for 30 days and it looks like its doing exactly that.
    11-12-09 02:05 PM
    If your application memory runs out, your BlackBerry will delete non essential data to compensate for the lack of room (messages, call logs). As of right now, there is no soft reset program I know of that works for OS5, but the OS 4.7 has several options available. A Soft reset essentially resets the device and is like a battery pull, but is done without removing the battery.
    11-12-09 03:12 PM
    If your application memory runs out, your BlackBerry will delete non essential data to compensate for the lack of room (messages, call logs). As of right now, there is no soft reset program I know of that works for OS5, but the OS 4.7 has several options available. A Soft reset essentially resets the device and is like a battery pull, but is done without removing the battery.
    QuickPull Lite (the free version) works for me on OS 5.
    11-12-09 03:24 PM
    QuickPull Lite (the free version) works for me on OS 5.
    Not for me. It just says 'your device is going into REBOOT in 5 seconds, press esc to cancel.' then says 'Something went wrong. Aborting. See device log for more details.' I've got the new version.
    I've even checked out all other reset apps. Nothing works on my phone.. Which version are you using?
    Last edited by Jonno5393; 11-12-09 at 03:51 PM.
    11-12-09 03:48 PM
    The Steelthorn website has information on how to get Quickpull Lite (Free) or the Pay version to work with 5.0. Check out their website.
    11-12-09 04:01 PM
    I'm on the leaked .323 and I've done multiple battery pulls. Til this very moment my messages aren't being kept after I have that option set. Can anyone help with this?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I don't know much about your setup. But I do know that my email client on my computer deletes emails from the server after 60 days. My BB synchs with my server. So if a message is deleted from my server, it will also be deleted from my BB within a matter of seconds.

Check to see if those messages are somehow not on your server for one reason or another.

If you give us more details about how old the messages are that are being deleted and a few things the others mentioned, we may be able to help you a little better.

btw, I've had old calendar appointments be deleted, but I've never had an email get deleted due to low memory. I've been at 0 bytes free for hours before just to see how long I could do it. Never lost an email due to memory conservation.

Good luck.
    11-12-09 05:32 PM
    well, i guess i can say it's the firmware, because when i was on the os' that didn't have threaded text, it would keep all the messages i've had. i mean i've had texts from march on my phone. now it gets rid of texts from last week. I'm kind of lost on the whole server thing, and i guess since im clueless i must not be using the servers. I choose "forever" every time i go to the settings. I'm trying to avoid going to the official os, but if i must, i will. I do remember once my app memory went down to 10mb, but that was one time that i noticed.
    11-12-09 07:41 PM
    Quickpull lite free for the 5.0 does work. Before you download it or if you have downloaded it, make sure that you delete the app completely. Reboot phone. Then go back into the quickpull lite and redownload, go into edit permissions from the application screen in options and makes sure that everything is on allow. Now go back into quickpull lite and open it. It should reboot. I had the same problem. For me I never deleted the old quickpull and just downloaded it on top of it and it would not work. Following what I said above it gets it to work.
    11-13-09 09:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD