Hi there, new to the forum so hello

I'm aware there is a glitch on this OS where some people are affected with this SMS issue.

When i change the SMS tone, regardless of whether im on the "normal" profile or a custom profile, when i click "Try It" nothing happens bar the LED flashing and the phone vibrating.

This is becoming very irritating as i never hear the standard SMS tone, nor the email tone that are assigned as default.

I have searched high and low on this subject, but can someone please provide a way of fixing it? i've heard downgrading the firmware is a solution, i have version 4.7.0.141

Please someone help i'll be eternally grateful!!!!
    08-19-09 01:31 PM
    You might want to try some of the many recent ones for the 9500 if you want to try upgrading There's .151 (I believe), .164, .167, and 5.0.0.140 (only a beta). As for your fix, I'm not much helpful. I've never looked into a fix since I don't use the normal ringtones. The only sound I use is a custom phone ringer, everything else is set to vibrate.
    08-19-09 02:55 PM
    Thanks for your reply - Im trying a downgrade at the moment and will revert to the previous version if this doesnt help - i'll then go on and try some later firmware to see if that helps!
    08-19-09 02:57 PM
    let us know what happens in case someone else has the issue later on!!!
    08-19-09 04:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD