Hi guys and gals. I've searched this board for two days and haven't found my answer.

I update to 5.0 and everything seems fine with the exception of whenever I receive an email on my storm (my aol account), my email folder icon shows the count of unread emails AND my message icon show those same messages - and the emails are in the message folder too!

It's a pain having to read/delete the emails from my aol folder AND my message notificatoin folder. Not to mention that my little yelllow email notification icon counts the messages in both folders, so while I may only have 8 emails in my aol folder, the notification show 16.

How can I set my message folder to not grab/show.count my aol emails?

It never did this on my storm prior to the upgrade to 5.0.

It's driving me bonkers.

Any suggestions?

Thanks so much!
    11-05-09 05:52 AM
    This appears to be one of the "tricks" that 5.0 does on the storm. I had the same problem with my yahoo mail, but couldn't even find the messages. If you read some more on the new 5.0 upgrade, you will see that this new os has a lot more tricks that it can do that you may not want it to do. I ran It for 3 days, and when it started the dimming trick, I went back to a version that runs good. Good luck with your problem, I hope someone gets you a more positive answer.
    11-05-09 06:04 AM
    thanks!

I wont whine about the "what I dont want it to do... LOL

Becuase if I did, I would whine about the next SMS format and not being able to start a completely new text without all the old texts included... but I said I won't whine...

I hope one of the berryexperts here will help me so I can stop going nuts over the message count squared issue.
    11-05-09 06:19 AM
    Are you using the default theme?
    11-05-09 07:09 AM
    I dont believe I'm using any theme. I have my own wallpaper set and am using the normal BB icons.

Those who upgraded to 5.0.0.328 - are you all having personal email showing up in your main message folder too?

It's SUCH a pain having to delete from BOTH folders.

Any input is appreciated.
    11-06-09 05:58 AM
    If you delete it from the messages folder it should delete it from the corresponding email folder on your BB as well. It does for me and others that I know at least. If you go into messages > options > main message list settings you can tell it which email accounts you want in the main messages folder. I think your problem is elsewhere though. Good luck
    11-06-09 08:02 AM
    Hi guys and gals. I've searched this board for two days and haven't found my answer.

I update to 5.0 and everything seems fine with the exception of whenever I receive an email on my storm (my aol account), my email folder icon shows the count of unread emails AND my message icon show those same messages - and the emails are in the message folder too!

It's a pain having to read/delete the emails from my aol folder AND my message notificatoin folder. Not to mention that my little yelllow email notification icon counts the messages in both folders, so while I may only have 8 emails in my aol folder, the notification show 16.

How can I set my message folder to not grab/show.count my aol emails?

It never did this on my storm prior to the upgrade to 5.0.

It's driving me bonkers.

Any suggestions?

Thanks so much!

Go into your message folder>hit your bb button>options>main message list settings>uncheck everything but sms and mms.. that will stop your e-mails from showing up in your message file... if your are running the default theme.. you also have a sms/mms folder..and you can uncheck sms/mms in your main message list.... and it only shows up in the sms/mms and you can actually move or hid the "message" folder.
    11-06-09 08:53 AM
    Thanks for the info.

I checked the options in the main message list, like you suggest and neither email or SMS/MMS is checked. I checked them, saved, rebooted, then unclicked them all and reboot and still... I see them in my main message folder AND the lil yellow icon still counts the emails/sms twice.

:::banging head against wall

11-07-09 05:34 AM
    Thanks for the suggestions.
    I've tried them all and still the emails show in my main message folder. Sigh. And, that little yellow icon shows double the actual emails I have since it counts the messages twice; once in email folder, once in main message folder.

Nothing like having to do the same steps twice to delete an email.

I'm going to invoice RIM for all the aspirin I've taken....

11-08-09 07:20 AM
    Have you tried reinstalling the OS yet? Its sounds like something is wrong here. Even when I have mine set to put my email in the messages folder I didn't get double icons.
    11-11-09 05:24 AM
    I have no idea how to reinstall the OS and that may be beyond my ability. Not to mention, I still can't comfortably navigate thru DM so I can sort/save/edit my contacts. I would be...suicidal if I lost any data, and that includes certain MMS and SMS that are extremely important to me. Dare I take my BB to the Verizon store and have them do it?

Also driving me schitzy is that the camera quality is drastically less since the upgrade to 5.0.0.328, not to mention that the the backlight is dimming when I go from portrait to landscape mode in any app.

What's a girl to do?

all help is welcome and greatly apprecited!
    11-13-09 05:18 PM
    After upgrading to 5.0, I now get messages duplicated in my Main Messages folder, and unchecking the boxes under Options doesn't prevent it. What a hassle, having to delete every email twice.
    12-04-09 09:13 AM
    Here's what I do: Hide my Gmail and Yahoo folders, and I use only the Messages folder for all emails.
    12-04-09 10:56 AM
    Hey there,
    Has this problem ever been fixed by RIM? I talked with some folks at work who have had the same problem since they upgraded to .328, months ago.
    Thanks!

04-13-10 09:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD