Hi,

I'm wondering why there are 2 message icons. I have my work & personal email pushed, but both are accessed by clicking the usual message icon. Why is there the other message icon (the one with the globe & the usual envelope symbol).

What's the purpose? Can you get rid of it so you only have one taking up a spot on your home screen?
    07-28-09 08:34 PM
    i dont think i understand what you're saying. if im correct the icons represent what emails you have linked to your BB. i have two email linked so theres a total of three message icons on my menue 1-the standard msg icon 2-my hotmail 3-my gmail
    07-28-09 08:37 PM
    The globe is a browser request. It can be delete from the 'messages' folder
    07-28-09 08:39 PM
    That icon is for your vz.blackberry.net account. There's the catch-all Message icon (with the envelope icon) and an icon for each e-mail account. You can simply hide the individual account icons and use solely the Messages icon.
    07-28-09 08:39 PM
    That icon is for your vz.blackberry.net account. There's the catch call Message icon (with the envelope icon) and an icon for each e-mail account. You can simply hide the individual account icons and use solely the Messages icon.
    Okay. THis explains it the. I have the catch all. And I have the envelope with globe. Only my gmail goes there. Total of 2 icons, 2 email accounts pushed. That right? One catches it all, the other just catches gmail.

Thanks!
    07-28-09 08:42 PM
    I have 3 message icons:

1) envelop icon that says Messages
    1) envelope w/globe icon that says my email addy
    1) cell phone & envelope icon that says SMS and MMS

In a way it would be nice to make all msg go to just one in order to allow 2 additional spaces on the face. On the other hand, it's nice to know up front what kind of msg it is just by looking at the icon that's indicating it's got something new.
    07-29-09 02:00 AM
    I have 3 message icons:

1) envelop icon that says Messages
    1) envelope w/globe icon that says my email addy
    1) cell phone & envelope icon that says SMS and MMS

YES! This is what I have, too! The envelope icon that says Messages seems to be an exact duplicate of the envelope icon w/ globe that is named w/ my email addy.

Can I hide the one that's just labeled Messages? Why should I or shouldn't I?

Is there a better solution?

P.S. Hi! My name is Novice2bb, and I'm a Palm Treo addict. I entered recovery yesterday.
    Last edited by novice2bb; 08-04-09 at 12:43 PM.
    08-04-09 12:40 PM
    I have 3 email addys coming to my storm. I leave the Globe catch-all and hide the three individuals.

I have my default addy set up for sending new mail, images, etc ... and when you reply to something from the global inbox, it will reply *from* whatever email addy it was sent to.
    08-04-09 01:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD