So since this morning I have had the message icon stuck on the top of my phone. I have no new messages anywhere and I re pushed service books and battery pulled. Any fix for this possibly

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-06-08 03:15 PM
    yup; me, too.
    12-06-08 03:17 PM
    I've got this too. I was on the phone with VZW yesterday for 30 minutes trying to figure out how to get it off, but to no avail. Mine has been there for a week and a half.
    12-06-08 03:25 PM
    mine did that too. i reinstalled the VZW update and its gone away now
    12-06-08 03:35 PM
    So since this morning I have had the message icon stuck on the top of my phone. I have no new messages anywhere and I re pushed service books and battery pulled. Any fix for this possibly

did you check your missed calls log? the default setting when you miss a call will send a message to your "messages" folder...did you check that?
    12-06-08 03:52 PM
    Guess I need to do a backup and a complete wipe. Lame

12-06-08 03:53 PM
    Do you talk about " one new message" at the top on the screen, or the red star on the messages icon?

you should just remove the battery, while the BB is running .. keep it out for 30 sec, then put it back in.
    Does this help?
    12-06-08 03:57 PM
    I had a lost message with an icon up, and it was because my date on the phone got screwed up recieved a text, on the wrong date it was like October 28, or something and I couldnt find it because I didnt look back far enough, I don't know how my date on the phone got screwed, some sort a glitch, make sure you scroll or delete your messages might clear it up
    12-06-08 04:02 PM
    Mine just started this I think yesterday. The little star stays there for several hours past when I delete a message. My guess is it's a service problem with Verizon or something and not a problem with the phone itself, but I'm not sure. I just checked and mine cleared what was there this morning, so it's fine now.
    12-06-08 04:08 PM
    Mine does that when I get an alert from someone that I don't answer at the time. I have to page that person back to clear it.
    05-05-11 07:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD