Its weird: my 9530 is unlock,using tmobile pay as you go(gonna try ATT prepaid plan cuz it include data,thats what i heard)..NVM..thats not why i'm writing this. Has anyone en-counted this problem. I unlock it and when I click the sound icon to switch it to silent..it still makes noise when i get msg or call. Anyone know how to fix that?

FYI...the app blackberry slider is awesome! IF you dont have it should get it,its free,

Merry Xmas!
    12-24-09 10:59 PM
    If you set specific sound profiles for individual contacts, then your main profiles won't apply to them. In other words, say you have a ringtone set for each contact so you know who's calling you without looking at your display. Now when you set your phone to Vibrate or silent, the contact with a special ringtone won't go silent because you have to manually change their profile to go silent as well. Its a huge pain in the glutius but its the unfortunate truth....

Merry Xmas

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-25-09 09:07 AM
    Yeah, I had that problem too. A workaround I found is to set your profile to off, and have BuzzmePro to make calls and texts still vibrate. When your phone is off, it overides custom ringtones and such, but not Buzzme cuz it's a 3rd party app.
    Hope that helps.

12-25-09 09:43 AM
    Click to set your sound profile then scroll down to set contact alerts. Select a contact and then phone and set where is says play sound to active profile. Do this for both phone and messages for each contact in the list. This should work.

12-25-09 10:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD