since upgrading to .83 it seems that nearly every time I need to go into the menu key I get the appication swithcher first, then I hit the back button and then hit the menu key again, and sometimes it will give me the menu. It has done this in all areas, Ive done battery pulls and still there, any ideas.
    12-21-08 10:45 PM
    whats your keyrate set to? If it is about medium then that is what is causing it. Just gotta do a quick press and not hold the button down too long.
    12-21-08 10:51 PM
    I sometimes get this too, but I've been testing it and it just seems like a reduction in time it takes for the app. switcher to be activated relative to the menu. I haven't been able to fix it, but I've avoided the problem by tapping more easily on my menu key. Probably better for the longetivity of the device as well.
    12-21-08 10:52 PM
    You've got to tap the button quicker-- you're holdIng it too long. Or slow your key rate
    down in Options>Screen/Keyboard

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-21-08 10:54 PM
    whats your keyrate set to? If it is about medium then that is what is causing it. Just gotta do a quick press and not hold the button down too long.
    Thanks Rooster, that worked to lower my keyrate...
    12-21-08 10:54 PM
    yeah, i exit out of the browser on accident a lot in .83 too.
    12-21-08 10:58 PM
    Wow...this just started happening to me tonight, and I had just changed the keyrate to fast earlier - now it's fixed! Thanks...

As an aside - I thought the keyrate being set to fast would lessen the lag when i'm typing, my glowing blue keys can't keep up with my flying fingers...anyone else noticing this?
    12-21-08 11:03 PM
    Thanks Rooster, that worked to lower my keyrate...
    for sure... had the same prob.
    12-21-08 11:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD