I need some advice...I'm now down to just 19mb after a battery pull. I've erased almost all

Of the 3rd party apps that I had and no matter how many battery pulls I can't get it back to 30 mb

Like I use to have, where has the memory gone???

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-02-10 06:16 PM
    What kind of device you have?

02-02-10 06:23 PM
    Any chance that you inadvertently saved camera pics, etc. to your device memory? If you absolutely can't find where it went, you could always do a security wipe which will put it back the way it was when you took it out of the box.

If you do, make sure to back up contacts, apps, etc.
    02-02-10 06:29 PM
    Your phone only came with 30MB of app memory?! WTF???

02-02-10 06:31 PM
    After loading on newest OS for my Storm i have about 32mb of app memory left.
    02-02-10 06:41 PM
    I've got a storm 1...and after the new OS update I had 34mb. I store all my pics and videos on my mem. Card

02-02-10 09:29 PM
    Photos, music, and videos are saved on the memory Card

02-02-10 09:40 PM
    Photos, music, and videos are saved on the memory Card. Having only 34MB of app memory
    kind of sucks.

02-02-10 09:41 PM
    I've got a storm 1...and after the new OS update I had 34mb. I store all my pics and videos on my mem. Card

If you have 5.0.0.328 OS loaded, there's a known bug that causes it to lose a bit of free memory reported after every reboot. Only thing you can do is upgrade to a higher OS. Not everyone sees this, but it's there.
    02-02-10 09:43 PM
    Have you used Shrink-a-OS? Have you used BBSAK to get rid of other un-necessary files? Have you upgraded your OS? Have you done a wipe and a clean install? I have 3 themes on my phone plus the original one plus a bunch of other apps and I have over 42MB.
    Last edited by ba_hamilton; 02-02-10 at 09:50 PM.
    02-02-10 09:46 PM
    Have you used Shrink-a-OS? Have you used BBSAK to get rid of other un-necessary files? Have you upgraded your OS? Have you done a wipe and a clean install? I have 3 themes on my phone plus the original one plus a bunch of other apps and I have over 42MB.
    What does shrink-a-OS do? What is BBSAK?

02-03-10 12:04 AM
    What does shrink-a-OS do? What is BBSAK?

IT Shrinks your Operating System. But BEWARE, KNOW WHAT YOU SHRINK, it will delete whaetver you want it to. But make sure you know what your deleting. For more memory try this. (I know you have done some of it)

Delete all unnecessary apps
    Clear event log
    Clear all unsaved messages (sms, mms, email, etc)
    Use your Memory Cleaner
    Delete Unneeded Themes
    Do a battery pull at least once a day, (if you get QuickPull, simulates a batter pull, it has an option to pull the battery if memory falls below 20mb)
    Get a Zen theme, or zen remix, most themes take up more space
    Use CrackMem (http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/cra...eleased-52044/)
    Use Shrink -A- Os
    Delete OEM ringtones and wallpapers. (http://forums.crackberry.com/f135/ne...memory-142376/)

If you do all that, and still not to at least 28mb, delete some apps.

If you need ringtones let me know, details in sig.
    Last edited by StormTrooper89; 02-03-10 at 12:23 AM.
    02-03-10 12:18 AM
    and clear event log
    02-03-10 12:23 AM
    Are you talking about the available app memory as represented by blackberry app world? If so, log in to my world in app world, pull up the keyboard, hold the alt button so it locks and then hit 34(. It's really hitting alt and the reset keys, but for the storm since we have a different keyboard. App world will reset. This will clear the cache and may give you a more accurate reading on how much app memory you have.
    02-03-10 09:36 AM
    Your phone should run fine with 19mb. Don't get obsessed with a higher file free. The memory is there to use (limited though it may be) so use it.

Read this if you want to shrink.

How To Shrink-A-OS

Shrink-A-OS

02-03-10 09:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD