Anybody else having issues with worse memory leak in .83?

I upgraded to .83 from .75 official and kept all the same apps/files/settings as before. After finishing up everything worked a LOT better/faster than .75. It still is faster and working great. But I noticed something funny going on with the memory since I updated.

First thing I did after updating was check the file free. I was at 43MB Free. About the same I had pre update. I loaded up the phone and tested it out, then exit out of that. Loaded up the camera to test it out, exit out of that. Loaded up the browser to test it out, then exit out of that.

Check my memory again I'm down to 23MB Free. Set the phone down for 5 mins checked memory again, down to 15MB. Set the phone down for 2 mins then checked memory again down to 14MB???

I just did a Soft Reset and going to load the same 3 programs then exit out to see if I get the same results.

After exiting all 3 programs the main 5 are the only things I had running in the background btw.

Any thoughts? Anybody else having the same issue since .83 upgrade? Don't get me wrong I'm loving the update and plan to keep it because it's running SO much faster other than what I just posted about.
    12-19-08 09:44 AM
    This will mostly be device specific. Some will have no leak, other will. Depends on your device, what apps are loaded, etc. A leak is no big deal, unless it's causing things to be deleted and/or you just can't deal with it.
    12-19-08 09:46 AM
    This will mostly be device specific. Some will have no leak, other will. Depends on your device, what apps are loaded, etc. A leak is no big deal, unless it's causing things to be deleted and/or you just can't deal with it.
    Well that's the thing I'm worried about becaue my work emails are important and I'm worried that if it gets low it'll go in there and delete my older emails. I usually keep them on the device for about 7 days then delete them after that. On a daily basis, I have to go back 3-7 days and lookup an email for various odd reasons.
    12-19-08 09:49 AM
    Yeah, I'm not seeing a leak on mine... I haven't with any release .75, .76, .83 yet. There's a slight buffer zone that bounces up and down, but no leak (as in it keeps going down).
    12-19-08 09:50 AM
    Ok so it must have been something in the initial boot up after the update because I just did a soft reset. Checked Memory was at 45 (Was at 43 after initial upgrade), loaded all the same apps then closed them out after testing them the same way I did before. Let the phone sit for 5 minutes then checked memory, and I'm still at 45MB free.

Guess I could just suggest everybody to do another reboot after your done fully upgrading.
    12-19-08 09:57 AM
    Ok so it must have been something in the initial boot up after the update because I just did a soft reset. Checked Memory was at 45 (Was at 43 after initial upgrade), loaded all the same apps then closed them out after testing them the same way I did before. Let the phone sit for 5 minutes then checked memory, and I'm still at 45MB free.

Guess I could just suggest everybody to do another reboot after your done fully upgrading.
    Don't forget to minimize your Homescreen icons. On .76 I was running at 41-44mgs Application memory after batter pull. Now on .83, I'm up to 52-57.
    Much better and typing is way faster and less typos too. I will have a full review later. Loving this new leaked OS.

Happy Holidays Crackberry Nation!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-19-08 10:07 AM
    I still don't know how you guys are getting this much memory free. I had 51MB on mine with .75/76 after removing the 5MB OEM wallpaper file from the load. Now with .83 I see about 53MB. If everyone's caculations are correct I should have seen about 65MB free or so.

Just a quick question, have you guys reporting this giant bump in memory deleted the Babylon trailer off the phone? Prior to this release, deleting that made no difference, so I never deleted it... if they fixed that bug, that could explain the 16MB bump everyone is seeing.
    12-19-08 10:12 AM
    The leak is all but gone for me! I have yet to dip below 40MBs, BUT I do practice good memory management. I make sure to close programs rather than running them in the background, plus a do memory clean up and battery pulls (softreset). I saw a good 10MB gain after the update AND as I said it does not leak for me.

JR,

I did not delete the trailer, BUT I did clean up with Crackmem of the wallpapers and such. That did gain me memory, BUT after the .83 update I saw a 10MB gain on it's own.
    Last edited by pkcable; 12-19-08 at 10:22 AM.
    12-19-08 10:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD