I have a Blackberry Storm and my memory leak problem is really really bad. I do have a few apps and games, and they consist of the App World, Viigo, Where, Poynt, Superpages Mobile, Level, Quickpull V2, Buzzme, and Shazam. My games are Brickbreaker, Word Mole, Bubble Army Demo, Tiltris, Flight Path, and Blackjack. I have Quickpull to do a auto re-boot every morning around 5AM and it has about 32 MB of free memory when it is freshly re-booted. Then throughout the day it will leak to about 15 MB or so. Is it because I have too many apps and games, or is there a setting that I might need to adjust. Any help would be great. Thanks!
    06-08-09 11:10 AM
    try putting all items in folders and on the home screem
    06-08-09 11:19 AM
    I have a Blackberry Storm and my memory leak problem is really really bad. I do have a few apps and games, and they consist of the App World, Viigo, Where, Poynt, Superpages Mobile, Level, Quickpull V2, Buzzme, and Shazam. My games are Brickbreaker, Word Mole, Bubble Army Demo, Tiltris, Flight Path, and Blackjack. I have Quickpull to do a auto re-boot every morning around 5AM and it has about 32 MB of free memory when it is freshly re-booted. Then throughout the day it will leak to about 15 MB or so. Is it because I have too many apps and games, or is there a setting that I might need to adjust. Any help would be great. Thanks!
    Well, even though I am a new Storm User, from what I have read from many people is to hold down the Blackberry Key and see what applications are running. Most of the apps I see running on my Blackberry should only be:

Browser
    BB Messenger
    Phone

Anything more than that might be slowly eating up your memory because it is running in the background.

Those 5 apps should not be, to my understanding, generating any memory usage unless you are piling things in browser, or doing a lot of activity that would need it to fill up. Also, unless you are not closing your apps out right during the course of the day, which is to use the blackberry button and clicking 'close'... You might be leaving those apps to hold onto that memory.

Mind you, this is only a supposition on my part.
    06-08-09 11:28 AM
    i had low memory also and used crackmem its really good.
    06-08-09 11:39 AM
    Long as memory regained over time, no real problem. Tips 2 reduce change:

Browser>menu>options>

Browser configuration>browser ID>ff or ie +
    Cache operations>clear all regularly.

Options>security options>memory cleaning>enabled>select preferences.

Landscape>menu>show keyboard>lock numbers key>type " / " / >menu>clear log daily.
    06-08-09 12:00 PM
    What does the memory do once it gets to 15 or so and you don't reboot it? Does it keep going down or does it stabilize? Mine starts off at 35 and works it's way down to about 22 and then stabilizes. I haven't seen it go South of 20 since I upgraded to .148 and dumped my custom theme. If it's not continuing to drop past 15, I wouldn't worry about it. I have run mine for days on anything over 10MB. If you're falling below 10 though, that's when things start slowing down in my experience.
    06-08-09 01:42 PM
    well i have alot of apps on mine and dont really have that issue aswell as i do have 3 themes on it mine at start up is at 52mb and stabilizes at about 30 all day just make sure you are closing everything out by pressing the bb button and scroll to close of course.....
    06-08-09 01:47 PM
    I had a lot of issues before i went to .148. I had SmrtGuard(beta) and weatherbug, and a few others. Now that i can turn weatherbug off and i have gone to .148 i dont see it drop less than 34. It does drop a little throughout the day, but it seems to stabilize. I do not have any custom themes yet. Still validating everything...
    06-08-09 03:14 PM
    I deleted app world, viigo, and poynt and mine has been much better. But I think everyone drops 10-20 during a day.
    06-08-09 04:14 PM
    Some apps constantly update, like viigo, most weather apps, & gps. Even if you don't have them open they will eat away memory, themes as well. I just stick with the apps that I use regularly & shrink the rest.
    06-08-09 05:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD