I know these are posted all the time but my leak came out of nowhere. I'm not using a theme and the apps are weatherbug, Facebook, meterberry, bank of america, CB app world, BB app world, poynt, and kisses. I also use agorm slider and slacker every day. I always fully close everything including the browser. One thing ice noticed is that the big leaks are after using something involving internet or the phone. After shutting down slacker yesterday I was at 20.5. When it made the next note in the memory log 8 minutes later I was at 16.9. I had a 4.5 drop today after just making a phone call and using a Bluetooth.

The reason I say this came out of nowhere is because almost nothing has changed on the phone aside from updating bbm any ideas on what is causing this or how to fix it?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-21-09 03:37 PM
    Try clearing your browser's history, cookies, and pushed content. That eats up a lot on my Storm.
    12-22-09 05:12 AM
    20 to 16mb is a pretty normal drop. That is nothing to be concerned about. The good thing about the 5.0 OS is that usually small drops like that are recovered when your phone is "resting".

12-22-09 07:36 AM
    Get rid of App World! It's a known leaker.

also, clear your browser cache after surfing: Options => Cache Operations.
    12-22-09 08:54 AM
    Hootyhoo, what gets me with that drop is that it never did that until a weak or so ago. And then the drop after the phone call pissed me off. I just updated to the .419 OS or whatever it is. I did the official one and so far no leak

12-22-09 11:02 AM
    It's important that you keep your apps updated.

From my exerience, a combination of Blackberry App World and Vlingo, and the new BB Messenger caused serious memory leaks. Rebooting the phone left me with 13 megs and within hours the phone would drop to literally zero K, but the phone functioned without a hitch (OS 5.0). A few days ago I updated the BB App World, and last night I updated Vlingo and the reinstalled the BB Messenger. I'm now at 18 megs at start up and after 3 hours I'm only down to 17.3.
    12-22-09 11:37 AM
    Well I spoke to soon. Before the outage, my memory was dropping pretty bad. I feel like its the BBM that is doing it since they keep updating it. Has anyone else noticed any leaks? Once the outage is done I will update to the new BBM
    12-23-09 02:19 AM
    i dont think its the bbm thats making memory keep leaking
    12-23-09 02:56 AM
    i dont think its the bbm thats making memory keep leaking
    BBM has never been a problem for me. App World, however, is a notorious leaker.
    12-23-09 08:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD