I just lost more than 25 mb of app memory in 12 hours?? without having much applications, I only got:

stormslider (paid)
    meterberry
    battery booster
    some launchers
    appworld
    app store
    logmaid
    and applications that are originally in my 9500 storm

I do have 4 themes installed though:

precision zen
    android storm x
    vista complete by KD
    and xCite by KD

and I'm using the precision zen now..

what's causing this leak? anyone?
    Last edited by obus10; 05-25-09 at 09:18 AM.
    05-25-09 09:14 AM
    Have u read this? HOW2: app mem
    05-25-09 09:20 AM
    yep, done pretty much most of the things there, and still only running 38mb at boot, and now it's down to 3.7mb....
    05-25-09 09:40 AM
    yep, done pretty much most of the things there, and still only running 38mb at boot, and now it's down to 3.7mb....
    If you have not removed the themes, I strongly suggest you to do that first and see. Many themes are memory hog. That's why I never install any theme. I have many apps installed on my phone and yet it is running fine without memory problem. And yes, I am still on .75.
    05-25-09 09:49 AM
    humm, yea, maybe I'd try removing my themes..
    I'm running .141 though (the official vodafone one)
    05-25-09 09:51 AM
    +1
    Think u need 2 do some deleting... themes...orig apps u don't use? + Try:

Browser > menu > options > browser configuration > browser id > firefox.

Options > security options > memory cleaning > status > enabled. Select ur preferences.

Landscape > menu > show keyboard > lock numbers key > type " / " / > menu > clear log.

Note: i do latter 2 daily. Deleted 3rd party app for mem clean/etc.
    Last edited by Transfigured; 05-25-09 at 10:33 AM.
    05-25-09 10:11 AM
    If you have not removed the themes, I strongly suggest you to do that first and see. Many themes are memory hog. That's why I never install any theme. I have many apps installed on my phone and yet it is running fine without memory problem. And yes, I am still on .75.
    i agree with both of you number one, **** themes all they do is take up memory, just add new wallpapers

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-25-09 10:18 AM
    This is time consuming, but it's the only way I know to figure it out. Delete all 3rd party apps (after doing a 3rd party backup), delete all themes, basically getting you back to only bb apps. Run it for a few hours keeping track of memory. Then start adding back your apps one at a time. Run each on the phone for at least a few hours, still keeping track of mem. This will tell you what app/theme is causing your drain. Then you can download the latest version of the bad app, re-install and see if might run better than the older one. I'll tell you that my experience with themes has always been bad.

Grey
    05-25-09 11:26 AM
    You have way too many "Background" apps running:

meterberry
    battery booster
    logmaid

These run all the time... applications that are meant to "Clean" your memory, tend to use a lot of memory in the background.

The themes you have contribute to A LOT of memory usage as well.

I deleted my Carrier Application Center and Crackberry Application Center and that cleared a lot of memory and I have fewer leaks... I just use the online crackberry app store when I need to.
    05-25-09 11:32 AM
    delete all unused themes
    05-25-09 11:34 AM
    delete all unused themes
    *EXCEPT* the default Precision Zen...will cause major issues if you do.
    05-25-09 11:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD