I'm not sure, but I thought the memory leak was the loss of messages and emails, etc. due to the Storm dropping older messages to free up memory.

My memory issue was the app memory starting at 35mb and dropping down to 6-9 Mb later in the day. I would do a battery pull and after it would be back up at 35Mb.
    This may be obvious to some, but I realized if I exited an application by choosing 'close' from the bb menu the problem disappeared. Exiting apps by the
    red 'end' or the back arrow keys seem to leave some apps open, no?

I now exit everything with the menu. 3 days no crashes, no glitches no battery pulls. Yay!

I'm new to the blackberry and decided to dive in with the Storm. I think I only know 10% of it's potential so far, but am amazed.

Blackberry 9530
    v4.7.0.75
    Verizon

Try it by clicking on each app and when it opens hit menu>close try to exit each screen including options that way. You app memory will come right back.

(thinking out loud) Is there a way you can view open apps like a windows task manager?
    05-03-09 06:13 PM
    Yes closing apps is a must to maintain a smooth running berry.

You can see what apps are running by holding down the blackberry button. This will bring up all running apps keep in mind that 5 run all the time and you can't close them.

Home, phone, messages, bbm, browser

By the way welcome to CB
    05-03-09 06:24 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry Rusty
    There is no windows like task manager but if you hold down the BlackBerry key for a few seconds ALL the open programs will be displayed in a ribbon format. It is normal to have 5 running. Phone, BB Mesanger, Home, Browser & Mail.
    05-03-09 06:26 PM
    Well bmtenney is real fast on the reply. Got scooped again.
    05-03-09 06:27 PM
    Thanks for the response. I knew there had to be a way. I've read everything that came with my bby and have a "Storm for Dummies" book, but it doesn't scratch the surface of what is here.

There should be a course available just for this device.

I'll keep reading posts.
    05-04-09 08:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD