ive been experienceing a memory leak with different OS's and want an opinion.

i dont usually have any apps running in the background besides the usual ones (BBM, browser phone, etc.), but i have poynt (gps enabled), google maps, and weatherbug apps installed.

i was running .99 for a few weeks. i would steadily loose memory. it would start around 45mb in teh morning after a battery pull and by the end of the day or next morning it would be around 10mb. i thought it might just be with the .99 OS and just did a battery pull every day.

i now have .109 installed and am experiencing the same thing. so unless its a problem that is carried through the OS builds, i dont know what it can be.

any ideas? is it because the GPS is constantly enabled for poynt? or does weatherbug have soem sort of leak since it is constantly refreshing?
    02-26-09 09:28 AM
    I had the same issue as you did on .109. I found getting rid of poynt and weather bug greatly reduced the memory leak. not sure what app did it but I would start by removing weather bug first and try it like that. weather bug is always running and may be the problem. Hope this helps.
    02-26-09 10:00 AM
    i heard Weather Bug is what causes Memory Leak but i never had it so can really tell you
    02-26-09 10:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD