Please help, I would like to manually use the Memory Cleaning by clicking the icon on my home screen. I have it enabled under Security. I have it set to show icon on Home Screen. BUT if I disable the icon goes away from the Home Screen. Is it possible to have just the icon on my Home Screen but not have it clean everytime I lock my screen??? Thanks in advance!
    02-11-09 02:39 AM
    You could use QuickLaunch and only run memory clean when you want to.
    02-11-09 03:34 AM
    You could use QuickLaunch and only run memory clean when you want to.
    As soon as you use quick launch to clean your memory, it turns on the memory cleaning function until your next battery pull. Check for yourself.
    02-11-09 03:37 AM
    I understand. I have QuickPull installed. I am wondering is there a way to have the Memory Cleaning icon on my Home Screen without running Memory Clean everytime I lock my phone?
    02-11-09 03:38 AM
    *sigh* I must not be asking my question correctly. I thought I read (believe it or not I actually searched before posting) that people have the icon on their screen and do it manually without having it clean everytime they lock their screens? Maybe I was high when read it?
    02-11-09 03:40 AM
    *sigh* I must not be asking my question correctly. I thought I read (believe it or not I actually searched before posting) that people have the icon on their screen and do it manually without having it clean everytime they lock their screens? Maybe I was high when read it?
    You still have to have it enabled to use the button on your main screen. You can change settings that the only time it runs is when you push the button though.
    02-11-09 03:44 AM
    You still have to have it enabled to use the button on your main screen. You can change settings that the only time it runs is when you push the button though.
    Great! Please tell me what to put my settings at. Thank you!
    02-11-09 03:47 AM
    clean when holstered: off
    clean when idle: off
    idle timeout: (doesn't matter)
    show icon on home screen: yes
    02-11-09 04:12 AM
    I had about 30Mb then uninstalled all the foreign language stuff on the desktop manager and now have 48.9--no kidding!!!! Also, no navigator/VVM.

As far as apps, running buzz me, e mobile alerts and a stock trading program.

It's weird, but the only difference is the switch from portrait to landscape is faster for me now.
    02-11-09 04:40 AM
    dude same here i took out all the foreign languages and I am rocking around 40 instead of mid 20's and yes the landscape to portrait mode is way faster now. speaking of memory leaks are they improved any in the newer betas or is it just simply an issue with the 3rd party apps
    02-11-09 06:47 AM
    clean when holstered: off
    clean when idle: off
    idle timeout: (doesn't matter)
    show icon on home screen: yes
    That doesn't work for me. I tried using those settings, but the memory cleaner still runs when I lock my phone.
    02-11-09 07:27 AM
    That doesn't work for me. I tried using those settings, but the memory cleaner still runs when I lock my phone.
    Would you care if it ran when you locked your phone... i don't think
    it would affect any performance it doesn't run very long and you don't really lose anything important on the mem sweep
    02-11-09 07:43 AM
    Memory Cleaning is that a app you can buy or did it come with the storm.
    02-11-09 08:43 AM
    Memory Cleaning is that a app you can buy or did it come with the storm.
    Its already on your Storm...Options>Security Options>Memory Cleaning
    02-11-09 09:13 AM
    As soon as you use quick launch to clean your memory, it turns on the memory cleaning function until your next battery pull. Check for yourself.
    Already fixed. The fix is already in the trial version and will be in the next release which is coming soon.
    02-11-09 06:36 PM
    Nevermind.
    Last edited by lyoko37; 02-11-09 at 06:53 PM. Reason: OT
    02-11-09 06:52 PM
    What do I do to fix it. I keep hearing that it needs to be around 45MB and I cannot figure this out. Is there anything on the storm that tells me what app is using the memory. I searched the forum and all over the place. Please help a fellow storm affected...

Just to make sure I am seeing the right thing - when I go
    Options -- Status
    Its says File Free : 1639300 bytes

Options --> memory
    Application memory : 1.8 MB

Thanks
    R
    02-12-09 01:04 PM
    i have a question about memory. i know how to check and see what apps are running is there a way to stop not delete from running to improve memory without a battery pull?
    02-12-09 09:52 PM
    i have a question about memory. i know how to check and see what apps are running is there a way to stop not delete from running to improve memory without a battery pull?
    yoda says "out of order your sentence is..."
    idk maybe there's a word in there that got auto corrected but im not following you.
    "is there a way to stop not delete from running"
    02-12-09 10:03 PM
    yoda says "out of order your sentence is..."
    idk maybe there's a word in there that got auto corrected but im not following you.
    "is there a way to stop not delete from running"
    Even though this thread got hijacked like 6 times I will try to answer your question. When you hold the BB button you can see what apps you have running. I think your asking if you can close these apps (not delete)? If so, the answer is yes and no.

Yes you can close some apps. However, others cannot be closed and remain open like: BB Messenger (if you have it installed), Phone, Home Screen, Browser & Messages. I believe you may close any of the others you show that are open. Hope this helps
    02-13-09 03:25 AM
    Battery Pulls will restore memory!
    02-13-09 08:36 AM
    I'm running 3.5 times faster than EDGE according iPhoneSpeedTest.com - You Can Test The Speed Of Your iPhone Here. iPhone Speed Test

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-14-09 01:32 PM
    is there a way to delete the locked wallpapers and etc to get more memory?
    02-14-09 04:22 PM
    is there a way to delete the locked wallpapers and etc to get more memory?
    I believe you need something called crackmem

do a search on this website for that term and read up.
    02-14-09 04:34 PM
    Try using the OTA app LogMaid. it deletes logs, and does memory cleaner and a few others every hour on the hour. and its a free app that runs in the background. just install and your done. i love it, my memory is always between 42MB and 49MB no batt pulls or restarts at all. .75 OS

forums.crackberry.com/f134/blackberry-storm-ota-apps-thread-107305/
    02-16-09 06:57 AM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD