Saw this quote in another thread. Is anyone else running this on their phone? and if so does it work well?

"alright just checking...just did some research on the forums and found this one post...says to go to options-security options-memory cleaning-change to enable and set to yes, yes, 5 min and yes...suppos to do memory cleans while phone is idle and help keep memory up"
    12-23-08 12:44 AM
    i run this before i do a battery pull
    12-23-08 12:47 AM
    so should i just run it before battery pulls or leave it on to run it everytime the phone is idle?
    12-23-08 12:51 AM
    just run it before a battery pull. i tried it on .75 to clean when locking and it locked the phone up
    12-23-08 12:53 AM
    What about cleaning apps? Any good ones?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-23-08 09:30 PM
    I'm not sure if there are any available for the Storm but, check the CB app store for a memory optimizer. The memory cleaning can be done at any time. I normally clean mine once a week.
    12-23-08 09:32 PM
    I set mine as described in your quote and the phone runs Better.

12-23-08 09:41 PM
    There is and option there to make the memory cleaner an icon. I hit
    That icon after allot of use and can get 1-5 mgb better on app mem.
    As long as it stays above 35 mgb I avoid a battery pull, or if it starts
    To get choppy, except on keyboard which is always lagging, but plays
    Catch up.

12-23-08 09:52 PM
    The Memory Cleaner is security software. It clears certain personal data caches. Running it or not running it won't make your Storm run any faster, but it won't hurt either. I have it set to run everytime I holster my 8830, just because it's convenient. Caveat: I have an 8830, not a Storm. It's possible Rim has given the Memory Cleaner additional capability in your later version OS.
    12-23-08 10:10 PM
    The memory cleaner freed up some App memory the first time I used it. However if it is active, it makes my storm wonky. The animation when phone is locked gets broken, so the icons don't disappear until you press some other buttons. I disabled the feature since it's really geared toward security more than performance anyway. I'll activate it and run it once and then deactivate it and tell you how it affects my memory numbers.

before activating
    42.9 app

after activating and running once

Then I deactivated it. Rebooted with QuickPull, and....

So, there you have it. Weird.
    12-23-08 10:22 PM
    Those memory values are in the noise range of memory management. It's just the normal variation you can expect to see. The Memory Cleaner isn't causing that, but it is possible that it isn't working properly on your Storm. It won't hurt to not run it if you suspect it's causing problems.
    12-23-08 10:29 PM
    On the Storm there are eight items it checks and cleans ; Key store, PGP search, Clipboard
    Contacts Cache and I couldn't catch the rest.

Wonder what the Key store is.

12-23-08 10:29 PM
    it made my phone freeze when i went to unlock it just after i turned it on after reading this thread. definitely gonna keep it disabled.
    12-23-08 10:54 PM
    How do I disable the Memory Cleaner. It is grayed out and I cannot select disable, it does not even show disable only enable. On my Bold, it drops down the disable selection.
    12-29-08 01:14 AM
    Nevermind, if you turn off the password protection, it allows you to disable the memory cleaning.
    12-29-08 01:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD