I'm running the 103/106 hybrid on the 9530, and I have it set to the medium alert profile today. It appears that if I leave an email untouched, within about a minute it plays the Crystal notifier. How do I make it stop? Nothing in the sound profile is set to use Crystal for anything and on the normal profile this certainly doesn't happen.
    02-21-09 03:02 PM
    Anyone?
    02-21-09 10:44 PM
    I guess I give up on medium then, it's been driving me crazy!
    02-22-09 09:55 AM
    Now it's doing this on Normal and a custom one I made as well. What is the deal? Running 109 but this has been an issue now on 99, the 103/109 hybrid, and now 109.
    02-24-09 03:51 PM
    Mine does the same thing on Medium and I'm running .75! I have no idea why it does that but it makes me crazy too because all my settings are still on silent for email but I keep getting sound notification anyway.
    02-24-09 06:05 PM
    Mine does the same thing on Medium and I'm running .75! I have no idea why it does that but it makes me crazy too because all my settings are still on silent for email but I keep getting sound notification anyway.
    I'm relieved I'm not alone. lol I really thought I was losing it when no one responded because it seems like Storm users are never totally alone with the weird quirks they find. The fact that it now does it on two other sound profiles makes me want to throw something.
    02-26-09 11:05 AM
    I, as well, cannot make my storm stop notifying me in the middle of the night that I have an email. I do not care about emails in the middle of the night. I have set it to silent, and it is not (silent). I tried lowering the volume to 1, but no good. I only want to be notified of a text, not the emails. It will not shut up. Is there a resolution to this?
    02-27-09 02:05 PM
    I, as well, cannot make my storm stop notifying me in the middle of the night that I have an email. I do not care about emails in the middle of the night. I have set it to silent, and it is not (silent). I tried lowering the volume to 1, but no good. I only want to be notified of a text, not the emails. It will not shut up. Is there a resolution to this?
    No idea... mine will silence but then a minute later it's reminding me of the silenced email. ugh.
    02-27-09 02:06 PM
    I've just resorted to turning my phone off at night now because I can't stand getting woke up by the sound of email notifications I didn't want to be notified of in the first place.
    02-27-09 08:20 PM
    I use a custom profile most of the time, but know what you're talking about. This may sound dumb, but did you go to set ringtones/alerts> messages> and set it to silent? Otherwise, make a custom profile and make sure its set to that.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-27-09 08:37 PM
    Well see, I want it to give me a tone when it's on anything but silent. I don't want it to give me another totally different tone every minute after that until I check it.
    02-27-09 09:05 PM
    I use a custom profile most of the time, but know what you're talking about. This may sound dumb, but did you go to set ringtones/alerts> messages> and set it to silent? Otherwise, make a custom profile and make sure its set to that.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Another noob question, how do you make a "custom profile"? I'm not sure if I have done that or just set my email messages alert to "silent". Thanks!
    03-14-09 09:32 AM
    You go to the sound options, then scroll all the way down and you'll see Custom Profiles. There you can name your own sound profile and set each notifications to your desired setting.

It seems like there is something wrong with the OS, because I have done this as well but it's as if the sound profiles have a mind of it's own. It reverts back off from the custom tones that I have set. I'm just waiting for the firmware update.
    03-14-09 11:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD