^^ When I download it like this it tells me I need to re boot and cancels the download. Any other ideas?
    11-24-08 12:42 PM
    I am having the same issue and now email is not working....
    12-19-08 01:52 PM
    Issue seems to be resolved. Just download the latest version released the other day (12/15). Worked fine for me! Album art and everything!
    12-19-08 03:26 PM
    I found I could not use the Blackberry Desktop Manager software for this after trying for days. Not that my Blackberry will ever truly replace my iPod but it is nice to have a few tunes available.

I downloaded a separate App from Blackberry.

na.blackberry.com/eng/services/media/mediasync.jsp

Installed it. Created a new playlist in iTunes (because I have 120 G of music).

Synced, got Album Art and everything.

Beautiful!!!
    12-21-08 12:56 PM
    ok the problem i am having is getting my album artwork to work everytime i go to import it says the program has stoped working and needs to close i know there is a itunes update and i am running it now so as soon as it is done i will try it
    12-21-08 01:01 PM
    I am having the same problem. at first media sync would not install from DM. so i went to BB website and manually downloaded and installed. That worked. It recognizes my phone and has the dropdown list of playlists and such that are in my Itunes but they are all greyed out and won't let me check any of the boxes.? anyone have a solution to this?
    12-22-08 07:26 AM
    you know i had the same problem when i first tried transfering music/videos/ringtones etc to my storm...i say forget about the media manager...you don't need an application for that....instead like others have mentioned here, enable the mass storage mode from the options menu ( under Memory ) and just drag and drop the files under respective folders ( music, pictures, videos etc.. )
    As far as making playlists is concerned, i just found an easier way of doing this..... what i did was i dragged all the audio files first to the main "music" folder of my storm "my computer > blackberry device > music" ....now i want to create a playlist so what i do is i open up winamp , drag all the files i want to the player music library, and then "save as a playlist" to create a ".w3u" file ....as long as you have all the music in the main directory, storm's media card picks up the ".w3u" file and creates individual playlists ... it's easier, faster and much better than messing around with the stupid media manager !
    Last edited by wackipaki; 12-22-08 at 09:32 AM.
    12-22-08 09:26 AM
    okay, so I am very frustrated!! I have media sync (installed, uninstalled everything) I am running vista, and I have a storm, when I start to sync it crashes right away, also my playlist show up in the window below my phone info, but I cant select any of them, please help!!!

I am having the same problem. I have been searching for a solution to this. It seems from reading posts that some people are using Media Sync with no problem. But I can't seem to find a solution from reading the posts to this problem. Has anyone figured out why this might be happening? Why would the songs sync, a file be created for the playlist, but the actual file empty so the playlists won't work? Thanks in advance.
    12-27-08 01:27 PM
    I finally got the download and got the itunes sync to work correctly, its wonderful just as easy as when I had the iphone. This phone just gets better and better everyday.
    01-02-09 12:00 AM
    Mine actually worked in the beginning but I updated itunes the other day and only a couple of playlists kept songs in them. I keep getting the greyed out list - I copied individual albums on which work but the old playlists remain along with empty titles of the songs. I see the way to manually create playlists above. Anyone know how to get rid of the empty ones I have now? Thanks.
    Last edited by SusieSC; 02-13-10 at 10:23 PM. Reason: Verizon - Storm2
    02-13-10 10:22 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD