Hi all,

In the last couple of days my media player seems to have lost the plot! Whenever I play an album, it just goes through the tracks at random? I've looked through every setting I can find but there doesn't seem to be an option to turn shuffle on or off, just the standard shuffle button in the media player (which isn't what I've been pressing in case you were wondering!).

I've been running .167 for a few weeks with no problems but in an effort to fix this problem I downgraded to .151, no effect. Next I tried uninstalling any recent apps I'd downloaded, again no effect. Finally I've removed all the albums I've put on the phone in the last week and you've guessed it, no effect!

It seems as if the track indexing may have been messed up somehow, unless there's an option I'm overlooking? Has anyone got any ideas as I now use my Storm as my main media player for walking to work etc so this is very annoying!

Cheers
    08-28-09 05:23 AM
    You need to be in the "Now Playing..." application. Press the menu (blackberry) key and then select "Shuffle". It is a toggle. When in Shuffle there is a check. When not, it plays in order.

When you select shuffle songs from the main Music application, it turns this on for you but does not turn it off if you select something else.

I hope that helps.
    09-19-09 02:07 PM
    Thanks so much dlefebvre1701 - this problem has been bugging me for weeks, especially as I listen to audio books where the track sequence is critical. Your fix seems to have sorted it on my Blackberry.

- Mark.
    06-20-13 07:14 PM
    I think the Blackberry Q10 is "Mostly_good" but this really annoys me. Shuffle ON as a default constantly re-asserts itself. If I kill the media player during the day (which I always will) when I get in the car media player starts automatically and shuffle is ON.
    I have not found any where to disable it forever. I listen to spoken word as well and shuffle is a major pest. The whole thing is much harder to work with than the CD player when driving.
    02-24-16 04:10 AM
    arggh, how do you get to "now playing"? the music is either full screen or a window, no now playing even after lock/unlock
    05-05-16 01:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD