Hey guys! Hope you are enjoying your storm -

I am looking to pick one of these up but here's the dealbreaker:

How is the media player, video & mp3 audio? With a full device? Does it slow down with more media (7-8 gigs?) How is the interface, I can imagine its somewhat updated from my current 8830 OS, 4.5.0.77 - is it quick and easy to use? If everyone is happy with video/audio playback as sort of an ipod replacement I will be buying this phone ASAP.

Thanks in advance!
    Cliff
    11-29-08 05:41 PM
    I haven't played any videos on it yet, but the audio is, in my opinion, absolutely outstanding. I will be giving my iPod to my daughter.
    11-29-08 05:57 PM
    I loaded a full movie (Sahara) on my micro sd card. Dragged it from my desktop to the movie folder with no conversion. It is a one gig file. It ran perfect. Great sound. No jumps hiccups or pixels. The screen is gorgeous.
    11-29-08 05:59 PM
    i put 12 episodes of "Extras" on my card along with 389 songs. It all works fine.
    Sound quality is good, video quality really depends on how you convert the videos.
    One of my episodes is crystal clear and flawless. I converted the others to be slightly lower quality and there is some tearing and pixelization, but it's still watchable (ie. i'm too lazy to reconvert)
    11-29-08 07:27 PM
    just out of curiousity. Is there a website to buy movies that can be put directly onto the storm. Something like itunes for iphone?
    11-29-08 07:36 PM
    I loaded a full movie (Sahara) on my micro sd card. Dragged it from my desktop to the movie folder with no conversion. It is a one gig file. It ran perfect. Great sound. No jumps hiccups or pixels. The screen is gorgeous.
    how did you do this? is it a xvid? divx?

I was told the phone will only play mpeg4.
    11-29-08 07:45 PM
    i rip my dvd's to mpeg4's because I load them on my Zune and they can play on multiple devices... ie, ipods and my mediacenter pc. My family is a gadget loving family and we love our movies.

It was generally acknowledged that the storm would be able to play mulitple formats:
    Video
    MPEG-4 (Part 2, Simple)
    MPEG-4 (Part 2, Advanced Simple)
    H.263 (Profile 0 and 3)
    WMV 9 (Simple)
    avi
    mov
    3gp
    mp4
    m4v
    mpg

However I have not confirmed any of these besides the ones i have loaded!
    Last edited by rynoondew; 11-29-08 at 07:54 PM.
    11-29-08 07:52 PM
    man i was hoping i was wrong.

it sucks cause my Motorola Q had TCPMP and it played xvid, wmv, divx, etc. So basically i went backwards with this device as far as media capability.

that is upsetting. i have like 2 TB's of all my videos i have ripped from my dvd collection, all of which is XVID or DIVX.
    11-29-08 07:55 PM
    I have 3 movies in MPEG 4 and about 120 songs - all is GREAT.

As for formats, it seems XVID is supported but not DIVX - I have not confirmed:

XVID video codec supported on Storm (DivX is not) - PinStack.com Forums
    11-29-08 08:00 PM
    Are you going to get opera mini on your done thamk you

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-29-08 08:27 PM
    Thus device is awesome once os update gets here

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-29-08 08:28 PM
    Thanks for all the feedback!

Looks like im going to get me a Storm and use it as an all in one device!! Im excited. and I like that it will work with all my itunes files.

Cliff
    11-29-08 09:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD