I am running .148 on my Storm and my media player will not register all of my songs. I have roughly 1400 songs total on my card, but every time I do a soft reset, the total number of songs changes. Generally it is around 1340, which is considerably less than what I know I have added. Any ideas please?
    Last edited by Riders On The Storm; 08-03-09 at 03:47 PM.
    08-03-09 03:45 PM
    What I found that works is make an extra file in the "music" folder....call it "Media Sync".

BBS Memory >> Blackberry >> music >> Media Sync

Put music in Media Sync and you shouldn't have a problem
    08-03-09 04:03 PM
    Pull the battery. That fixes it for me. I only get that issue once in a while when I drag and drop songs.
    08-03-09 04:07 PM
    What I found that works is make an extra file in the "music" folder....call it "Media Sync".

BBS Memory >> Blackberry >> music >> Media Sync

Put music in Media Sync and you shouldn't have a problem
    I will definitely try this. I wonder why it works, but anything is worth a shot!

As for the battery pulls, that is the problem. After each pull I am getting a new number of songs. I have been waiting a week for a song to show up that I know I added, but it still has not.
    08-03-09 04:14 PM
    It's because when you sync music using the BB Desktop Manager it makes that folder and it works perfectly.

I use to have the battery pull issue and I hated it >_<
    08-03-09 04:35 PM
    problem with pic/video/music files not showing up...

From JRSCCivic98...

This has been discussed numerous times. It has to do with corrupt index files. Search the removable drive (memory card) for files called BBThumbs.dat. You will find one in each directory on the card. Delete them all and let the Storm reindex/scan the card entirely WITHOUT GOING INTO MEDIA PLAYER right after you unplug it from your computer.
    08-03-09 04:47 PM
    FYI, this problem is solved in the OS versions we've seen above .148 so far.

But, if you want to stay on .148, there's another option. Simply go to options-memory and "uninstall media card" then "reinstall media card." This forces a reindex of the card and works 99% of the time.
    08-03-09 05:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD